September 29, 2009

Life is a never-ending pile of laundry

Although both my guys were sick while I was gone - I was pleasantly surprised to find that the house was clean upon my return. I was so touched. They knew I'd had a hard week and gone to so much trouble for me. . .such great guys - I was choked up for a moment.


Until I went upstairs to unpack and start a load of laundry. . .


Notice the suitcase? Looks to me like someone's idea of unpacking from their weekend trip is to unzip it and dump it. Mind you this mess is after I've already started a load.

I was informed that they'd done some clothes while I was gone.




Yup - this huge, wrinkled mass of clothing stacked up on the counter is actually clean clothes! ::sigh::

But to distract me from the never-ending, freakin' laundry - I thought y'all might enjoy this:


Only in Texas would this be considered a "creek."




Kickapoo Creek

I wanted to also get a picture of the signage - but there is a strict rule, law, whatever about stopping on bridges. 

As much as I love North Carolina - I sometimes miss Texas . . . just not in the summer!!  Oh and the humidity.  Or the bugs (have you ever seen a flying palmetto bug?  I think they are related to dinosaurs!)  Ick - remembering those bugs flying at your head makes the laundry not look so bad . . .


3 comments:

  1. Oh no....you didn't have to iron all those wrinkled clothes did you? :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding??? They are still there and they aren't mine. They are Man-Child's; he'll either iron them himself or go to school looking like an orphan child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I would die if I came home to this!

    ReplyDelete