September 15, 2009

Today's Accomplishments

What have I accomplished today, you ask? Well, let me tell you . . .

I've done my toes.

I've thrown a load of laundry into the washer and then into the dryer.

I rock.

All this, despite the fact I spent a full day at the office.

What's that? What did I accomplish at the office today?

Hmmm. Good question.

The answer. Not a darn thing.

August/September is always slow for us. But this has been freakin' ridiculous.

So I surf the net, read some blogs. Remind myself that Big Brother is watching and log off. Maybe do a crossword puzzle or read a magazine - covertly, mind you - because Big Brother is watching. Find someone to chat with for a minute or two. Read a few tweets on my Blackberry - because Big Brother isn't watching there. Think about all the stuff I could be doing if I were at home. Tap my fingers, jump back on the net for a bit. Look at the clock. Holy cow, how can it only be 10:00 am??

This folks, is how I spend my day.

Yes, I love my job. I love, love my boss (the most fabulous boss ever!! Really, I'm not just saying that). But I would definitely love my job more if it would pick up a bit.

Yes, I know the saying goes - "it's a good thing if the legal department isn't busy. . . " but holy cow. This is beyond crazy.

So folks, what do you do when you've got downtime? After all the "busy work" to be done has been done. Please, please tell me - because I'm about ready to pull my hair out. And that, my friends, would NOT be a good look for me.

3 comments:

  1. After my wife "does her toes"...I usually stick my tongue between them. But, that's just me!

    During my downtime...I usually surf the Blogosphere and find folks that are Butt Ugly and ask them Why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasé, I am CONSTANTLY asking why!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See comment above to understand this one......I'm working backwards- ahhhh, now I understand.....you spend all day thinking of your next post, yes? I'm struggling to keep up reading them let alone write a post at the moment. Good for you....I bet you make up for it at other times.

    ReplyDelete