October 23, 2009

Finally! And other random mutterings

Well, I apologize for my ineptness playing out on the world wide web; but there you have it.

Finally - the new look seems to be complete (if I'm missing something please let me know).  It only took most of the day.  So, if I don't have a job come Monday for playing around on the internet (because yes, I work for Big Brother!) someone is going to have to step up and pay me for sitting at home and playing on the internet.  Yes, this means you!

I'm still at a loss about the blank brown box - if anyone has any ideas let me know.

In other news, the big bad team we were playing last night wasn't as big and bad as they were made out to be.  Yes, we still lost; but we lost with points on the board and by playing very well.  Yes, the crowd still did not stand up and cheer for our boys.  But I did.  And I did it with a sign.  Man-Child informed me that he could occasionally hear me from the field (does that give you an idea of how quiet the crowd was?).  And, even though Hubby said the sign would embarrass Man-Child; it didn't.  When he came off the field he told me that it was cool.  It said HEY 59!  MOM WANTS A SACK!  I didn't get one but he got quite a few really good hits in (since when does that statement seem okay for a mom to say??).  All in all it was a good game.  I didn't actually lose my voice, but it is kinda scratchy from all the cheering.

Man-Child has his first ever high school party.  Since he was all wrapped up in Little Miss Hot Chick last year, he never really participated in any of the social events.  I convinced it had to do with her; although he claims that is not the case.  But I'm a mom and I was an insecucre high school girl at one time (many, many moons ago), and I know I'm right.  So, tonight he's off to a party.  The bad part is that he and his buddy need to be picked up at 11:30 pm.  The good part is that Hubby has taken it upon himself to do so.  YAY!  I just knew I would be saddled with this one.  The other bad part is our social life has taken a hit - we were invited, as a family, to a gathering tonight.  The other good part is that it was an outdoor event and it is supposed to rain.  So it all works out in the end.

Ahhh, Friday nite on the back porch, with the computer, a glass of wine - who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

  1. I love the new layout! It looks great. You really did do a good job.

    I still don't get why parents don't cheer. I mean, why even go? Ya know?

    ReplyDelete