December 15, 2009

Bunch of nothing with lots of parentheses.

Do you realize I've had control of the computer for most of the evening?  Do you realize how rare this is?

Do you realize that for once I don't have a darn thing to say???  Do you realize how rare this is?

I'm sure if I keep typing - eventually something will come out.  So that is my "plan."

******

Currently, I am thinking about "styles" - no not fashion (although that's never far from my mind).  But typing styles.

When I was in school (not too far back in the day).  When you typed (on a typewriter - okay, just dated myself, but just barely) you put TWO spaces after the period.  Now, according to whomever you only put one.  Who the hell does whomever think he/she is?  I spent years learning how to hit the spacebar twice really quickly.  NOW you are trying to tell me that I don't need to?  Bite me.  (Harsh, I know.  But if you've ever been in a typewriting class where all you do is take TIMED TYPING TESTS then you know my pain!).  I will always, and forever, put two spaces after the period.  If you (whomever) don't like it - you can lump it.

Also, in case you are interested, the weaning process is DONE.  (I'd link; but I'm tired.  And as I've just proved in the previous paragraph - apparently I'm ancient - forgive me. Or don't.  I don't care - it's back there somewhere).  Done to the point, that there have been no more "jolts" and I have dumped all the meds (safely!).  Although Hubby had the termity to ask me yesterday, "Are you sure you are okay?  You seem a little testy." 

WTH???  Yes, I'm testy.  I'm always testy four days before the party - while I'm still at work thinking of all the crap I have to do (although, as admitted in a previous post (nope still not linking) I am cutting back and setting the bar waaaaayyyy lower).  I'm always testy when there are idiot drivers on the road; particularly those who feel the need to "get through that light" and block the intersection.  (Yes - you, lady.  Don't just shrug and act like you don't know why I'm honking at you!  And if you don't - then you shouldn't be driving!!!)  Okay, yeah, I might be a little more testy than usual - but that might be because I can actually feel my feelings now!  But no, I'm not over the top - so I am fine!

Stuff for the office "get together" - done!  (Except I have to toss the greenbean bundles in for a few minutes in the morning).  Why we even do this every year, I don't know.  As I've mentioned before (I think? And still no links) we are "one" department - but divided.  So sometimes, these get togethers can be awkward.  But yet we try.  It was actually heartening to see us (most of us anyway) come together last week to decorate our department.  I keep thinking that there might be hope for most of us (some - there is no hope - sorry to say, but true).  So, I am optimistically looking forward to tomorrow (my LAST day in the office for the year!!!!!!!).

Stuff for the Open House on Saturday (you are all invited!) - not done.  But that's okay; because once I get through tomorrow it will be - including what I will wear!  Why do I always wait for the last minute to figure this one out?  I have a back-up plan, if I can't find something spectacular (and fairly comfortable) for the long day.  So it's all good. 

As for Christmas itself?  Almost done.  So no worries; because I have the entire following week to figure it out (as long as I can stay away from the computer and actually concentrate on what needs to be done).

Hmmmmm, apparently even when I have nothing to say - I still have plenty to ramble on about! 

Oh!  And just so you know, I just saw a GIANT (as in bigger than my head!) spider!  Don't they go into hibernation or something when it gets cold?  Well this one is roaming the earth like it owns it.  So, if you don't hear from me in awhile, please come looking for me - because some freak of nature got a hold of me and I may need some help.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS put two spaces after the period. That is what I was taught as well. :P

    ReplyDelete