December 14, 2009

I fought the tree and the tree won (this round anyway!)

It’s official – the holiday season is in full swing.  There are parties going on everywhere!

The girls got together Friday night; which was fun.  But I cut out early – Friday night gatherings are tough when you get up at 5:00 am.

On Saturday, another holiday party was held.  I probably should have cut out early on that one….but still, a good time was had by all.

Unfortunately, Hubby couldn’t attend because he had to work all weekend.  Once a year there is this dreaded weekend.  Basically, the last time I saw him was on Thursday and that was it until about 4:00 pm on Sunday! 

So Saturday, I put up the tree.  This is not normally something that I do; usually Hubby puts up the tree and deals with the lights and I do the decorating.  But I’m a resourceful and capable girl – I don’t need him to do this for me. 

So I wrestled with the darn tree; finally got it up and proceeded to connect the lights (it’s a pre-lit tree) – because really??  Any idiot can put the plugs in – right?

Apparently not.  I could get all the lights to work – but not at the same time.  Man-Child sat in the chair trying very hard not to laugh as I had it out with the tree.  And then; it happened.

I was electrocuted!!!  (okay – maybe that’s a slight exaggeration – very slight though)  I touched a light and was JOLTED.  After this – I cursed the tree mightily and called it quits.

I decided that I’d tackle the next HUGE item on the list.  Trying to tame the CHAOS that is the garage – so that the smokers on our guest list would have a sheltered and semi-warm place to go next weekend.  Man-Child graciously offered to help (after I plied him with Chinese food and informed him he had no choice.).  After two hours it was done (yes, there is still a bunch of stuff in there – as the damn shed still isn’t finished!) but at least there is room to walk around, etc.

When Hubby finally arrived home on Sunday (as much as I hated to ask since I knew he was wiped out) he fiddled with the lights for me.  Checked bulbs – changed fuses and whatever else you have to do with the lights.  Nada.  So I messed with the again.  Still nothing.  Conclusion – when the tree electrocuted me that particular strand got shorted out.  ::sigh::  So the tree is up and partly lit.  Now, I suppose I need to go find a strand of lights to string into this pre-lit tree before I can even begin to decorate!

It will all get done; eventually.  So in the meantime, I am sitting here at work making lists and thinking of all the things I could be doing….

4 comments:

  1. I don't even have a tree yet lol.

    And I have been electrocuted like that before it totally SUCKS!!!

    I wanted to say thank you on behalf of the smokers. Not everyone is as thoughtful as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail. No tree - No lights - not many pressies at the moment either. Yay! go you! ouch ouchy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about you being electrocuted but good to know you're none the worse for wear. :)

    ReplyDelete

I generally respond to comments via email...if your blog/id is not tied to your email, I will attempt to respond here...but I would strongly suggest that you make your email available if you want to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, for some reason people with Yahoo emails are receiving bounce-backs. Your comment will be published but I won't be notified; but I will respond once I realize you've left a comment.