What you're supposed to do is to copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.This is not a Meme or a Tag. You simply play along if you wish to. Or just read the answers!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper; gift bags for those I must carry out; but I definitely use real ribbon (it's my nod to be being "green" -since it is so re-usable- and it makes the package (whether wrapped or bagged) that much prettier!).
2. Real tree or Artificial? Sometimes both. We have an artificial from the last big "freeze" that ruined all the trees. So sometimes both are put up (depends on how much time or energy I have).
3. When do you put up the tree? No set date, but I generally like to get it/them up at least a week or two after Thanksgiving - that gives me much time to "tweak" as necessary (this year - we waited too late no time for tweaking!!!)
4. When do you take the tree down? Hubby usually insists that I wait until at least after New Year's (good luck or some such nonsense). But it depends; if I'm going back to work right after then it comes down before (because once I go back - forget it! It could be up till March!)
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes - I believe I do (if it's not to strong). But it's been a while (far too many calories to indulge in - rather save those calories for something edible....)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmmm......don't recall a favorite......
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Hubby or Man-Child. Neither will give me ideas....next year - if no ideas, then the money that would have been spent on them gets spent on ME! (sounds fair, right?)
8. Easiest person to buy for? Usually my girlfriends. I know what they love - or what they WILL love once they receive it.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course. Can't imagine Christmas without one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - always.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None (all gifts are loved because of the recipient....except for one year when Hubby came to me with a god-awful brooch....BUT I never told him how icky it was - AND I still loved it because he bought it for me. Sooooo; are you gagging now from the sickening sweetness that was that answer?)
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Hands down, no question about it - It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as something catches my eye for someone (has been known to happen as early as January.....)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only because I knew it was meant for someone else.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Uggh; I don't know - but I'm sure it's something either starchy or sweet.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes always White.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Lots and lots - but by the end of the season - ugh.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve Man-Child always gets to open one present - which is his Christmas P.J.'S. The rest of the gifts are for Christmas morning (which tends to get later and later as M-C ages.....)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The rudeness of people - come on folks - it's Christmas!!
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? No particular favorite, I guess. But I generally decorate in red, green & silver or red, green & gold.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Don't really care - as long as I'm not involved in the making of it - but usually it's turkey or ham.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Surprisingly not too much. Unless you count world peace as a gift..... (okay, if you insist!!! There is a pair of earrings that are calling my name....)
26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Don't recall any that stand out (other than opening p.j.'s on Christmas Eve - which I have carried over)
27. Favorite tradition now? Don't have a "favorite" per se . . . but I generally watch "It's a Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve while Hubby sleeps on the couch and Man-Child hides in his room (because he thinks it's the most "boring movie EVER!").
28. Favorite Christmas Memory? The year that I got the Baby Alive doll that you could feed and then change their diapers. My aunt didn't realize this until the doll "went" on her lap! It totally freaked her out!