December 24, 2009

It's Christmas!!! (almost....why doesn't somebody remind me to put a title on my posts??....)

We are this close to Christmas!  Can you feel the excitement??

Although, I don't have a little one anymore - it's still fun.  I keep telling him to go to bed so that Santa can visit - he keeps snorting at me (wth?).  He needs to go to bed so that Santa can visit and I can go to bed!

What can I say?  It's been a long day! 

So far, I've spackled a wall (first time - whooo-hooo!  Did a pretty  good job if I say so myself!), baked two cakes (which both can be difficult - but it was a Christmas miracle, they both turned out great!), been pooped on by a very little guy (thank you very much - had totally forgotten that little joy!), tried to explain to an over-excited 7-8 year old that he must calm down and be a good role model to the two year old that was following him around (that wasn't so successful), scanned the computer for potential issues as it's been very slow and making me cranky; fixed the vacuum cleaner and otherwise been a very good mom trying to finish all those last minute items.  :Whew: 

I have a feeling I will be ready to go back to work before long .....

Tonight we spent with friends - tomorrow we will spend more time with friends - it will be lovely.  As we are relatively family-less here - we try to spend the holidays with other family-less folks.  It usually works out very well.  And is, no surprise, less stressful than dealing with actual family (come on - admit it!  Even if your family isn't as insane as mine; they can still be stressful!  The expectations are endless and God-forbid if you don't conform!).  So, I'll take our family-less holidays and enjoy every minute.

But before I forget - I wanted to take a moment to thank you all.  I've only been blogging for about 4 months now - but I have made some unbelievable friends!  You guys are truly awesome and I am truly blessed for having met each and every one of you.  I wish you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas and I am so looking forward to spending the new year getting to know you all a little better!

4 comments:

  1. Gigi, I like your Christmas post but sadly I'm traumatized because of Christmas... Merry X-Mas Gigi! Didn't want to write Christmas so many times.. geez im bitter

    -Paul

    www.mostlygrocery.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Christmas Gigi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Gigi, I can't keep up with your posts you just get them out so quickly. Sounds lovely but exhausting...hope your husband is feeling better today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I return the sentiment....I've loved meeting you and look forward to a long and hilarious blog-friendship!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete