February 28, 2010

And so they are home . . . .

The various t.v.'s are on. 

The house is already a wreck.

The boys are back in town.  And, after a quiet weekend, I'm glad - despite my protestations about wanting alone time; I did miss them.

I did get some things done - which for some reason I can't seem to get done with them here.  Why is that???

The keeping room has finally been re-arranged to my satisfaction (at least for now....it's a tricky room).

After Wilderness Chic's posts about her beautiful home; I am sorely tempted to do my own little tour and invite you to do the same ('cause yeah, I'm nosy and love to see how other people live...)....but the house isn't ready yet.  We've been here about 1 1/2 years and it's still not ready.  I'm impatient, I know.  My last house wasn't ALMOST just right until right before we moved out of it after living there for about 10 years.  It takes time.  I know.  But her pictures have just spurred on the nesting instinct and I want to get some stuff done around here.

I have enjoyed the complete and total uninterrupted computer time.  The ability to peruse blogs; comment; etc. without someone leaning over my shoulder and complaining "are you done YET???"  And the totally clean house.  Yeah; that I miss.  But having my guys home, safe & sound - noise, mess, smells and all?  Priceless.

7 comments:

  1. Awww.. glad you got your time to yourself, but glad you missed them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone is home safe and sound. Hope you post some pics of your house, that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. L. - you can't help but miss them; they are so much fun!

    RY - I'm sure I will eventually do a post or two on the house - even if it's not "done." But I've got to get it clean again....hmmm maybe I should have done so while they were away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely. Glad you had some 'me' time. Wildernesschic has got me wanting to do a tour too. ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gigi there is an award for you on my blogx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...a little bit of absence has made your heart grow fonder. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be booking them on another trip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that you are glad they are back! Can't wait to see some pictures!!

    ReplyDelete