February 10, 2010

Why yes, I am cranky in the morning.....

I've been up since 5:00 a.m. and am already more than a little irritated.

::sigh::  Let me back up so you'll understand.

Upon arriving home last night, Hubby informed me that the power company had been out to run the electric to the shed-that-will-never-be-completed.  Great.  He then informed me that they completely tore up the lawn in the process.  Fine, whatever.  The lawn looked like crap anyway - maybe this will give someone the incentive to fix it this spring.  He then tells me that also the power company had cut the cable line.  Again, not a big deal (for me anyway as I don't watch much television).

Before retiring last night, I checked the local news website to see what was up with the schools.  Yesterday it poured rain; buckets and buckets of it.  And the temperatures were to go down into the 20's last night - I figured the schools would at least be delayed for icy conditions.  Nothing had been reported yet.  (As a side note - this news station also offers text alerts if the schools are going to be closed or delayed.  I have signed up for this service FOUR times and have yet to receive an alert!).

When the alarm went off this morning - I turned on the phone.  No text alert (of course - why should I expect one at this point?).  I went to turn on the television and remembered - no cable.  So I creep downstairs without turning on any lights - figuring I'll check the website and if school is delayed I can crawl back into bed without having woken myself up too much.

Nothing.  Looked like school was to go on as scheduled.  So I turned on the lights, made a cup of coffee and went out into the freezing, wickedly windy morning to get the paper.  No paper.  Dammit.

Come back in and jump online only to discover ---- schools have been delayed for two hours!  Of  course they have, I'm wide awake now.

And my paper?  Still hasn't arrived.  They made it on time during every single snow event - where are they this morning when I actually have time to leisurely read it while savoring a cup of coffee - instead of scanning it quickly and bolting back that cup of joe?

I am not a morning person.  I never will be.  And right now, all I want is my paper.  And a couple more hours of sleep.  But it looks like neither is gonna happen.

But - looking on the bright side - the sun will be out today!  And that usually puts a smile on my cranky face.

7 comments:

  1. Gigi we are allowed to be cranky we have such a work load just being a wife and mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cranky EVERY morning. And the sun ALWAYS makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least there's the hope that the sun will make you feel better. Nothing works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a morning person either. We were suppose to get damaging winds but thank God we didn't lose any trees. I am tired of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you wake up at 5am. 99.9% of the time, if I'm awake at 5am, it's because I haven't gone to bed yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the sun did appear - when you're done with it can you send it my way because it's not been around here for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor you, nothing worse than getting up and then finding out you don't have to. Wouldn't you think they'd find a way of knowing what the weather was going to be like in the morning, THE NIGHT BEFORE! At least then you could benefit from it. We get text alerts too but sometimes not until it's virtually time to leave.xx

    ReplyDelete