April 20, 2010

You Wanna Know What I Did Today?

Can you guess?








What?  Even with all that white space as a hint?  How about now?






You still can't guess?

Okay fine, I'll tell you.

Absolutely nothing.  It was a "total waste of makeup" kind of day.  It was a "I got out of bed for this?" kind of day.

I absolutely loathe these kinds of days. 

You know me.  I'm the one that wants to be productive all the freakin' time or, at least, most of the time.  I'm the one who almost called off a fun vacation because I wanted to finish painting bookshelves (hubby talked me out of that one; surprise, surprise.), I'm the one who just spent her last week off killing herself to paint the damn shed.

So an entire day at work doing nothing.  At all.  While thinking of all the other things I could be doing instead on what was a beautiful day.  It almost killed me.  Seriously.

My immediate supervisor was out.  So there was nothing flowing downhill from her desk to mine.  My cohort, ::ahem:: I mean co-worker was out.  So there was no one to chitchat with (well, I suppose there was . . . but no one I wanted to chitchat with, if you know what I mean!).  The big boss was in meetings all day - so I never even saw him much less received any requests.  The phones were quiet.  Email was quiet.  Blog-land was fairly quiet (yes, I was all over blog-land today in short spurts - so IT doesn't catch on!  ssshhh!). 

I tried to come up with a post or two.  I mean I had all the time in the world.  I figured I could type a few up and email them to myself at home where I could then post at my leisure.  But my brain wouldn't work.  I guess after all that idleness it went into "sleep mode" kind of like the computer does when you don't touch it for a while.

So what happens when you come home after a like that?  You don't want to do a damn thing.  Why?  Because you are exhausted.

Everyone is back in the office tomorrow so hopefully it'll be better then.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I "know you", alright. And, that's what I'm afraid of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have emailed me... I would have kept you busy and at least one of us would have loved the diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how doing nothing can make us so tired...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, those days are the most tiring of all, I mean look at teenagers, do nothing sleep all the time. Or is that just mine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have an occasional day like that at work, but they were so rare. Usually it was the opposite: go in and bam! it's time to go home. It always helped me to exercise at noon, it would break up the day. I like the idea that it was "a waste of makeup." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely right. I get more tired from doing nothing all day at work then I do from being busy the whole day. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you....blogville has been dead this week. WTF? Where IS everybody??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing worse than a waste of make-up day and then having to remove it at the end of the day when you didn't even need it! Awww, were you not at work?

    ReplyDelete