Back in the day, there were only so many ways to distract myself from doing the things I should be doing. But with the advent of the internet, blogging, tweeting, Pinterest, etc. I have discovered that I can now procrastinate to INFINITY.
Instead of typing this post, here are just a few of the things I should be doing instead.
* Get dressed and ready for the day (why yes, it is after 9:00 am - don't judge!)
* Water my plants (jeez, weren't they JUST watered a week or so ago?)
* Nag my son to finish completing his college acceptance paperwork.
* Throw in a load of laundry (it NEVER ends!).
* Fold the load of clothes that have been languishing in the dryer (see?!)
* Clean the bathrooms.....and the rest of the house.
* Give myself a manicure and a pedicure.
* Weed the flower beds.....AGAIN, in order to ruin said manicure.
* Make an appointment to get a haircut.
* Actually GO to get the haircut.
* Run a few errands.
* Clean out my closet.
* Make a few phone calls.
* Clean the garage.
* Actually attempt some of the stuff I've "pinned" on Pinterest (which could lead to an interesting post, at least).
* Attempt to get Man-Child ready to leave for the Senior trip tomorrow (they are going to Disney. Can you believe they didn't ask me to chaperone?!)
* Yell at Man-Child because his room is a total pig-sty.
* Arrange for a Hazmat team to come in and fumigate his room after he leaves for college.
This list could go on forever. And since I'm faffing about on the computer, here is a short list of things I should be doing on the computer instead of this....
* Respond to a few (read a LOT) of emails.
* Figure out what is going on with my blog format (yes, it is still giving me grief. I mess about with it for a few minutes and then just give up).
* Teach myself some basic HTML; since I have a sneaking suspicion that is where the format problem lies.
* Log on to personal Facebook and catch up with a few key people (who, apparently, ONLY communicate via Facebook).
* Fill out Man-Child's paperwork for college - since it seems he is never going to do it.
* Clean out my email folders AGAIN.
* Get all my downloaded pictures in order (because yeah, I never did do that).
* Run all the necessary updates, etc. that I keep putting off (so the computer won't implode...or explode for that matter).
Again, this list could go on forever....but since I am now feeling a bit guilty; I suppose, I shall go do four, no three, maybe two, okay.....at least ONE of those things on the lists.
So what about you? What should you be doing instead of reading this post?