November 4, 2012

ENOUGH already....and other unrelated *happy* news

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for Wednesday.  Why?  Because I am sick to death of this election.

Don't get your feathers in a twist, I'm not about to go on a political rant - you should know me better than that by now.  I don't discuss politics.  Ever. Period. The end.

But I am about to go on a mini-rant about the over saturation of this political season.  It is everywhere.  On the television, on the radio, all over the internet.  I tell you, I've actually considered cutting myself off from anything electronic just so I don't have to hear it anymore.  That should tell you just how tired I am of it all.  Me? Voluntarily leaving cyber-space?!

Here's the deal.  I've made up my mind and you, most likely, have made up yours.  Odds are good that your opinion and mine differ greatly.  And I'm okay with that.  Really.  But you (not you YOU, the general you) MUST realize that no matter how many times you advertise your views and your opinions, you are NOT going to change mine.  Just like if I were to advertise my views all over the place, I wouldn't change yours.  It's that simple.  So lets call a truce already.  As someone once famous with the toddler set used to sing, "I love you; you love me; we're a happy family...."

So enough already.  No more.  I can't take it.  Seriously.

Now as for the so called "undecided" voters?  I call b.s.  If you haven't made up your mind by now; on the eve of what must be "the MOST important election EVER" (according to social media) - after being inundated by all things electoral - then I'm thinking you have serious commitment issues and need to get yourself to a psychologist STAT or you live under a rock.....I kid, I kid...kind of....

****

Now that I've put my mini soapbox away.....I have some news.

Hubby has a JOB!!!!!

Kind of.

Technically, it's a temporary, part time position; with the possibility of becoming a full time position.  But he is getting thirty hours a week - about sixteen more than he was told he'd be getting at first.  And it's getting him out of the house and giving him a sense of purpose.  This makes me happy.  Happier than you could possibly believe.

It's not enough to pull us out of this ginormous hole but it's enough to give both of us a glimmer of hope.  It's given us enough to keep on keeping on; as it were....for now at least.

I'll admit it, I've been frozen.  In the past two and a half years, I have been absolutely petrified.  In more ways than one.  This little flicker of hope has actually given me license to dream again.  To realize that there are possibilities out there; that maybe the future isn't so dim after all.  That maybe I won't have to decide which cat food has the most nutritional value for the dollar.....

Tomorrow he heads into his second week (I TOLD you I've been frozen....I'm barely beginning to thaw out; which explains why I'm just now telling you).  Last week was fraught with quite a few freak-outs on his part as he began to realize that this particular position will entail quite a bit more techy know-how than his last, stuck-in-the-ice-ages company; but I think he is beginning to realize that technology isn't quite as scary and unknowable as he first thought. In fact for one thing, in the past week I taught him how to text.  In the past, he swore there was absolutely no reason EVER for him to text.  But just a few days ago he declared it "fun" and has been sending me random texts ever since.

And that, my friends, is priceless.

7 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay for good news!!!!! Y'all were well over-due for something good to happen.

    And yes, I'm gonna say it...maybe hubs should have waited a week and a half so that he didn't become employed under the current administration because he is going to take full credit for the right that has happened and not all the wrong from the last 2.5 years. Ha! That's the only political thing I have posted on the net EVER.

    Now...let's start thinking about all the holiday cheer you are going to be celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! I remember you saying he was learning to text... had no idea it might be job related. Hope that possibility of a full time position, becomes a reality! Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, gotta love random texts from the hubby. So happy things are looking up- everyone should dream. As for the election, I quietly voted and am trying to stay away from facebook so I don't have to unfriend people for posting political nonsense every 30 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news about hubby's job - now if only some of the good luck would pass over here.
    I'm fed up of your election too - its everywhere in the UK and we're not even voting, which is a good thing as I so don't understand the difference between democratic and republic and who's who!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I share the same feelings about this seemingly endless election season. I feel pretty lucky to live in a blue state so the TV ads have been completely missing about the national election, but plenty about the local ones. Here in Washington state we vote by mail, so people have had two weeks to get their ballots in, and can still plunk them into the ballot box before 7:00pm tonight.

    And I can't tell you how thrilled the job situation with hubby makes me! Yayy! It's the beginning of a new day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you and hubby!!!
    Maybe temporary can become permanent!
    I am also sick of this political B.S.
    My mail box is flooded with over sized, overly thick cardboard crap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you!! Maybe our parallel lives will keep being so, and MY hubby will get a permanent job... or maybe that's why your's did, 'cause mine is working right now (being a subcontractor SUCKS). I (not we) packed up the Miane house last weekend with my brother-in-law and some friends, and settlement is supposed to go next Wed!! Hallelujah!!

    I know how you feel, sister, and I'm really happy that you can exhale a bit! HUGS

    ReplyDelete