November 25, 2014

The "Catch Up" post

My last post made it sound like I was at the end of my rope...and I was.

But things have calmed down just a titch since then and I'm feeling a bit more in control.

The house hunt continues - but the intensity of it has slowed down considerably.  I suspect this is mainly due to the time of year bringing very few houses on the market.  We have looked at a couple that could work...with renovations.  In some cases, extensive renovations.  And, each and every time, the Husband has declared that to be too much.

Apparently, he can't deal with the stress of building a house or renovating one.  At this point, it looks like we will be living in this townhouse forever.

Vacation time is now in full swing.  I'm off until next Wednesday and after that?  Well, considering how much vacation time I've racked up and not used, theoretically, I will only be working seven days in December.  I say theoretically because I have offered up my previously guarded cell phone number and have offered to come in as necessary.  *sigh*  There is just far too much going on for me NOT to make myself available.  And truthfully?  With that much time off, it might actually be a relief to go in every once in a while.

I know that the call won't come unless it's absolutely necessary though.

The Christmas cards?  Yes, they are coming along.  In fact, they have taken over my dining room table and I need to deal with that before Thursday.  But, I must say that I am kinda impressed with the results.  Not enough to post pictures, but enough to mail them (so let's call that progress and move along).

And speaking of Thursday, it turns out that it will only be the three of us for Thanksgiving this year.  We had invited friends, but turns out they can't make it.  The Husband is disappointed.  Apparently, he feels that we don't appreciate his efforts as much as outsiders.  (He's delusional.  He cooks.  We appreciate!)

Which calls to mind a subject that I probably shouldn't touch on, but shall we chat for a moment about the spammer that's been hitting my (and others) inbox?  

He(?) claims to be an American man boycotting American women...here's a tip, pal...if you want to spread your so called "message"virus, malware? you might just want to move on to blogs that aren't hosted by American women, or in fact, any woman, because we WILL delete that shit nonsense immediately. 

With all this vacation time looming, I have a feeling that our checking account it about to take a major hit as I begin to seriously whittle down those Christmas wish lists - with a few things thrown in for me.  Of course.

I have told my family that the longer they wait to give me their "reasonable" gift lists the more I will spend on myself, which will result in less being spent on them.  I'm hoping that spurs them along in their gift list assembling...so far?  No such luck (any ideas for a the guys in my life?  Because, seriously, at this point I'm at a loss).

So it appears our Thanksgiving is going to be a quiet one; but after the insanity of the past few weeks, I'm actually kinda looking forward to it.  Whatever your plans may be, I wish you all the very, very best and want you to know that I am always counting you among my blessings, because without you, I'd truly be insane.

No, I'm not even kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things have calmed down some. You do sound much better, more in control of things. It will only be the two of us for Thanksgiving, but that's usual, and just right for me! Enjoy your wonderful day with the family, Gigi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes... the AB to Boycott us... he's visited me as well... I can't tell you how thrilled I am about his boycott of us once again. :)

    As for the Christmas lists, the kid's are ridiculously small. The boys here are getting lots of gift cards (Target's giving BOGO iTunes GC on black Friday and 10% off Target CG if you're so inclined), Visa cards to buy add ons to their video games, sneaker cleaner, Oldest asked for socks (seriously), and Youngest wants a video game and a book... which he's only okay with since I "can't manage to set him up with a meeting with James Patterson (the author)".

    Tony's getting his favorite coffee pods, twizzlers, a new binge TV series to watch, new undies (which he needs NOW) some trading cards, razors, new gloves... then of course there's the two biggies (a desperately needed snow blower and floor seats to a sold out Garth Brooks show...shhhh don't tell)

    My list has NOTHING on it. I told Tony I wanted marshmallow sticks for the fire pit. He rolled his eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quiet Thanksgiving doesn't sound bad. Mine will be hectic and loud, with all the grandkids, but at least it won't be a my house, or that would drive me totally nuts. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter's place. She's been in it for months and I've never seen it. This will be my first trip that far in a long, long time. Sure wish she still lived in LP. That was soooooo much closer and I miss having her and the kids around.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS!

    ReplyDelete