January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

I had hoped to post something really inspirational.  Or a look back at the past year.  Or anything else really...but instead you get this.

Really, by now, you should be used to that.

We did not stay up to ring in the new year.  This isn't new for me.  I know my limitations and figure that the new year will be waiting for me in the morning.  So far, I haven't been disappointed.  But I was surprised that the Husband was also in bed extra early...but then again, he woke up early on New Year's Eve as he had to work.

New Year's day found us kicking around and looking at each other as Man-Child has embarked on another "adventure."  This time he was headed to Chattanooga, TN.  When I asked what was drawing him there he responded with, "Well, it's somewhere we've never been."  I must admit, I do miss being the one to show him new places.  I know...this is important.  He needs to learn to venture out on his own and I need to learn to let him.  But we've been travel buddies for so long now and been on so many adventures together, I kinda feel left out.  Which has me giving the Husband the side-eye.  Whether he realizes it or not, he is my default travel buddy and he'd better get used to it; despite his distaste for travel.

After wasting the morning not packing (yes, I know.  I'm kicking myself.  I need to get on the ball here.) we went to our neighbors annual get together.  Apparently, we showed up too late last year, because Mr. B. specifically told my husband that we needed to get there earlier this year.  So we made our appearance earlier...it seems that Mr. B. is a matchmaker at heart as he was disappointed that Man-Child wasn't with us...he wanted to introduce MC to his grand-daughter.  It was cute.  And I'm honored that he thinks enough of MC to attempt to fix his grand-daughter up with him.

After our visit, we attempted to install the Time Warner digital adapters that are being forced on us...again.  And again we were unsuccessful.  And we are NOT inept with technology...or at least I'm not.  Here's what I think about this whole "forcing us to change" thing.  If, as a company, YOU are making a mandatory change then you need to send your people out to enforce the change from the get go.  Otherwise, you, the company, are making people's life a living hell; as evidenced from the snarky comments that were coming from both of us.  Eventually, they agreed to come out and fix the problem since they couldn't resolve the issue remotely.  And really?  Just how is this adapter going to revolutionize my life?  Methinks very little.

I did pop into the office at least three times over my vacation; which did help me ease into the first day back at work this morning.  But, if I'm honest, waking up to the blaring alarm this morning was not very fun.  I have determined that if I could roll in every day around 10:00 am then the working life wouldn't be so bad...which lead me to buy a lottery ticket at lunch today...being a lady of leisure would definitely suit me.

Yes, this post isn't AMAZING, but it's a post.  So at least I'm making an effort at posting...which is more than I've done in the past year or so.  YAY ME!

Here's hoping that 2016 brings you much joy and peace.  It's gonna be a great year...right?!






5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Fingers crossed for that lottery ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself I need to at least post a photo, to let people know I'm not dead. So far it hasn't happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about letting the MC venture out on his own. It's a tough thing to do, but necessary. You're doing fine, and thanks for the post! I enjoyed "seeing" you here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea You! I am also trying to post more often... wrote tonight and scheduled it for mid next week...

    New Year's day was the most productive day I've had in two months. Set up the fish tank, cleaned the garage, put away the Christmas decorations, cut back the grapevine, fixed the garage door (the pulleys all seized up, royal PIA) and binged watched the rest of Once Upon A Time.

    Ask me what I've done the last 8 days...


    ...work.

    *sigh*

    I'm off Sunday. It's supposed to be torrential rain. If I get out of my pajamas I'll call it a win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, here's hoping that mine is better this year.. Too be honest it can't get worse. Hey ho. Off to the gym I go. New year, new me and all that. ( newsflash blog is no more, neither is my marriage)

    ReplyDelete