December 13, 2017

The Husband and his "date" and other random bits of information

Tonight is The Husband's Christmas party - and I'm going to be honest, I was dreading it.  He, of course, was looking forward to it.  About 3 or 4 hours prior, I kind of mentioned that I really didn't want to go.  Strangers, small talk, etc.  Not one thing about it appealed to me.  I take that back, the venue appealed to me, but not enough to overcome everything else.

The Husband, knowing how I am, told me I didn't need to go.  But I felt torn because I knew I should go and didn't want him to go alone.  So I floated the idea that he take Man-Child with him and he loved the idea.  Now, Man-Child wasn't home when we had this conversation so we had no way of knowing if he would even want to go.  But I figured, he's been having a tough time of it lately and that it wouldn't hurt for him to get out and have some fun - because yes, I realize that socializing should be fun but for me it's hard unless it is people I know.

Luckily, Man-Child readily agreed to go in my stead (which tells me he really needed to get out!)  So, I dressed them up, took a picture and sent them on their way.

Sorry for the weird cropping - the table is COVERED in stuff,
but I liked the Christmas tree reflection on the left side...

Now on to the other random bits...

Back at the end of October, we upgraded to U-verse (and, for the record, no, I still haven't dealt with the modem/box thing) and since then my phone has constantly dropped the Wi-Fi connection.  I've gone back and forth with AT&T over Twitter and they finally told me it had to be a problem with Verizon.  So I tweeted back and forth with Verizon and they told me it had to be a problem with AT&T since the phone will stay on Wi-Fi with other connections.  While not a serious issue, it was making me crazy.  But, I do have to say, tweeting with customer service at both companies was an awesome experience.  Yes, I said it.  Usually, when dealing with customer service over the phone they make me crazy.  Either the customer service is getting better overall or the tweeting customer service reps are just better.  Who knows.  I'm hoping the former.

While at the Verizon store the other day to upgrade Man-Child's ancient phone, I casually mentioned to the lady helping us my problem.  Her first response?  This an AT&T problem.  But then she thought for a minute and said, "Have you tried removing the battery or re-starting the phone?"  I had re-started it and "forgot" the connection and re-entered the password several times, to no avail.  I held off removing the battery because removing the phone from the Otterbox is an ordeal.  So after the guys left tonight, I sat down and went to work removing the phone from it's case.  I had forgotten how pretty and slim my phone really is!  But, I know me, it needs to live in the Otterbox or it wouldn't last a day.  I freed the phone, removed the battery, waited a few minutes, put it back in and turned the phone on.  Hot damn, if that phone hasn't stayed connected to the Wi-Fi for the last 30 minutes.  So hopefully, that is the fix. 

And, it's not.  The phone just now started randomly giving me notifications that the network disconnected again - of course AFTER I put it back in its case. *sigh*  Any tech gurus out there with an idea?  I'm so tired of these little, nitpicky things irritating me.

As for my car...OMG.  My car.  We really do have the worst luck with cars, it seems.  Triple A picked up the car and took it to the dealership.  We were told that if the first garage's diagnoses was correct the job should only take a couple of hours.  We never heard from them.  Finally, I asked The Husband to call so we would at least know where we were in terms of getting it back.

When The Husband finally was connected to the service manager he was told, "They couldn't find it."  Horrified, I said, "They can't find my car?!"  But no, they couldn't find the problem.  Are you flipping kidding me?  So where did all my antifreeze or whatever it is that keeps a car from overheating go?  They were supposed to call back when they found the problem.  But seeing as it's after 6:30 pm, I don't think we are going to hear back tonight.

So, in all probability, I will be car-less tomorrow too.  The only good thing?  I don't have to go to work.  But I'm behind on Christmas list buying and am beginning to fill the pinch; so I need that car to be fixed soon.  And?  I'm kinda tired of being house-bound and dependent on others to drive me around. 

Fascinating blog material, wouldn't you say? #yawn

3 comments:

  1. Mercy! What a mess you're in, Gigi. My dad used to have a saying: IPOIO (or, the Innate Perversity of Inanimate Objects). Hope you get that darn car fixed soon, so you can get things done. I'm with you in frustration. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, my husband doesn't like going to his Christmas party either so we don't have to go! I'm glad your son went though! I hope your car gets fixed soon! The ONLY nice thing about using the dealership is that they will give you a loaner. My Pilot needed a MAJOR repair (thank goodness it was still under warranty!) and Honda let me have a loaner for three days. I would have been lost without it. Typically though, we use a local place so no loaners. Good luck with your phone AND your car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic! Glad you were able to bow out. Nothing worse than attending an event you don't want to be at.

    ReplyDelete