June 23, 2016

Procrastination at it's finest...

I have taken procrastination to the nth degree.  I am not proud of this...but I share this story only as a cautionary tale to you, dear reader.

Today, a co-worker commented on my wedding rings.  In fact, her very words were, "I've never seen you wear that ring before..."

She was talking about my wedding rings.

Here's the deal.  About a week ago, I went to the jeweler as I needed to have a necklace fixed.  On a whim, I grabbed my rings and took them along.  Upon arriving at the jeweler's I told them to fix the necklace (a quick and easy fix, I figured) and asked them to call me with an estimate to fix the rings (a very expensive fix, I assumed).

Fast forward to a few days ago - I received a call from the jeweler to inform me that my "items" were ready.  WHAT?!  No call about an estimate?  I drove to the jeweler's in a snit - ready to argue the charge for fixing the rings.

Upon arrival, they apologized for the oversight and offered me a price too good to be true that I folded and just paid for it.

And then today, when the co-worker commented on my rings, I realized...those rings that had been languishing in my jewelry box for over ELEVEN years!

Yes, you read that right.  ELEVEN years!  

Right after I joined the Legal Department, one of my diamonds went missing; which explains why my co-worker had never seen them.  Granted, a small diamond, but still...

I tucked those rings away for safekeeping until I had the opportunity to get to the jewelry store.  In the meantime, I wore the anniversary band that The Husband gave me to commemorate our ten year anniversary.  It is a beautiful band that incorporates my birthstone interspersed with diamonds.  A band that I couldn't wear with my wedding rings because of their unusual shape.  To be honest, I was kinda happy that this band got some "show time."

Cue to today, when my co-worker commented on my rings,,,and that when it hit me...it's been ELEVEN years since I've worn my wedding rings.  ELEVEN years!!

HOW the hell did I allow THAT to happen?!

One of these days, I'm actually going to get my life in order.  One of these days...

2 comments:

  1. That is a long time, all right! Made me laugh out loud. Funny how fast time flies, isn't it? And a bit scary, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how that can happen! Yikes! It goes by so quickly, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete