August 13, 2017

After all this time he still manages to surprise me occasionally

The Husband and I have been spending A LOT of time together for the past two weekends.  This is the result of having one of the cars in the shop. Man-Child's car (my old one - what can I say, it has been a summer of car issues) had a defective paint job and when we took it in for a different issue earlier this year, we mentioned the paint and it turned out that Honda would re-paint it for free. But had we not brought it up, I suspect that they wouldn't have said a word.  So last weekend, we dropped the car off with the expectation that we'd have it back by Friday.  As you can surmise from the first sentence, we are still one car short.

All of that to say, The Husband and I have generally been in the same car as Man-Child is up to his ears in coaching (volunteer, basically) as high school football season is quickly approaching.  So last weekend, as we were out and about we decided to stop for a treat - something we rarely do.  As we were headed to the frozen yogurt shop, we lamented the closing of the local Carvel.  We loved that place when Man-Child was young.  Although, ice cream isn't my weakness, I loved their vanilla soft serve with hot caramel.  The Husband would usually get a chocolate vanilla swirl.  Which is what made this trip to the frozen yogurt shop so mind blowing.

Upon arriving, I went with (no surprise) vanilla and hot caramel and waited while The Husband got his chocolate vanilla swirl and I turned to head for the cash register; and The Husband headed to the toppings bar.  I stood there in shock as he piled a plethora of various toppings onto his yogurt - toppings that I would have never considered as complementing each other up to and including a crushed candy of some sort,blueberries and on and on.

When I made the comment that I would have never guessed that he was a multi-toppings kind of guy, he just shrugged and said it sounded good.  And then proceeded to eat this wild concoction with gusto.

So yes, although I sometimes hear the same stories over and over, he still has the ability to surprise me every once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny! I guess there's something new to be learned about each other even after all this time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream IS one of my weaknesses - I usually know what Coach would order, although he is not the sweet tooth that I am. We are still in Boston and I suggestd that we all get ice cream tonight, becuase I was a bit tired of being limited in what I could eat with my celiac disease. I brought chocolate chip banana bread and my chocolate chip cookies for the masses to enjoy as treats, but I was only eating the staples: lunchmeat, apple, BORING! We got in line for ice cream . . . no Coach. He was sitting near the door while we all ordered because he wasn't getting any. I struggle to comprehend passing up on ice cream especially on vacation!

    ReplyDelete