August 28, 2017

Texas - my heart.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for any length of time knows that long before I became a Carolina girl, I was a Texas child - born and raised in Houston, Texas.  And those same people know that I still consider Texas "home" twenty years later (here is where I would normally post a link but I'm too tired and emotionally exhausted to look for the one I'm thinking of - just type the word Texas in the search button and you'll see ALL the posts that mention the great state of Texas on this blog).

So as you might imagine, this past weekend has been pure hell for me as I frantically scrolled the despised FaceBook to find information on family and friends, while simultaneously sending a multitude of texts.

Luckily, all are safe...for now.  The weather forecast is not promising.

I've lived through a few hurricanes and it's never pretty.  But this?  This is freaking unbelievable.  It's practically biblical proportions of rain and devastation.

So here's where I need to ask...if you are a person who prays, pray.  And donate.

Donate money, blood, time, clothes, food.  Whatever you have the ability to give; give.  The people in Houston and surrounding areas are good people for the most part.  Every single person I know in Texas would help anyone in a heartbeat; stranger or friend.  Know that if this were happening to you, these people would respond in droves.

You can donate to the Red Cross, Samaritan's Purse or many other fine organizations.  Just Google How to Help Houston and you will find a plethora of ways you may be able to help.

Now excuse me as I go off to cry and scroll through FaceBook and send some more texts.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you, Gigi, both praying and getting ready to donate. Sending you lots of big virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine! Praying for them. On a lighter note, I didn't realize you shared my dislike of facebook.

    ReplyDelete