September 10, 2017

If you live with a slob then it probably wasn't a break in.

It's no secret, I like my things "just so" - they may not be perfect, but I WILL know when they've been tampered with - yes, I realize I get this from my mother.  In my opinion, that is one of the better qualities that I share with her.

The other day I came home to an empty house.  I immediately headed to my "closet"/"dressing room" to change.  Yes, I am VERY predictable - this is the first thing I do every day.  Upon entering the closet/dressing room - whatever; I noticed that the some drawers were open and others were half open.  I noticed that the footstool was pushed halfway across the room.

I panicked.  But not TOO much.  I realized that I left before anyone else that morning.  I also realized that some of The Husband's stuff is still stored in there because, even though we've been here for a year and a half, I haven't bothered to move it to his closet/dressing room yet.  So I quelled my panic for minute and texted both guys - all the while thinking, "Is someone hiding in the house?!"  Because all immediate evidence pointed to the fact that I'd interrupted a robbery in progress.

Then The Husband responded first with a "No. Why?!"  At that point, I was ready to flee.  I responded with, "drawers open; footstool moved.  Nothing seems to be missing."  My first instinct upon learning this was not The Husband's doing was to leave the house immediately.

And then it became apparent to me.  Man-Child.  That boy and his sloppiness clued me in immediately.

He had received a pair of khakis - along with other paraphernalia for his stipend paid "job"/"volunteer work".  Those khakis needed to be hemmed.  A task which he has put off for over two weeks.  One day last week, I noticed those khakis sitting on the living room table - WHY?!  What purpose did those khakis have on the living room table?!

Those khakis were not on the living room table anymore.

The drawer which was most prominently open held my miniature sewing kit.  And then it clicked.

In response to my query earlier that week about getting those pants hemmed, he informed me that he would just pin those un-altered pants up for the first game and that it would be fine.  HE had ransacked my closet/dressing room looking for safety pins.  He'd found them and left everything in disarray - as usual.

And three minutes after I reached the conclusion, he responded saying that yes, he was responsible.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, funny! And a good thing it was him and not a break-in. Yikes, Gigi! :-)

    ReplyDelete