July 27, 2017

Outfit of the Day....well...after the fact, of course, because we are talking about ME here.

So, I read something today about how it's a good idea to take a picture if you want to see what something looks like because, apparently, your eye tends to edit things out that you don't want to see in real life but that same eye finds ALL the flaws when you look at a picture.  It sounds like flawed logic to me but I figured I'd try it.

Remember a few posts ago when I complained about not being able to find anything at all in the stores and I felt like I was walking around dressed like a ragamuffin?  Well, the weekend after the Charleston trip, I hit the jackpot.  Probably because I wasn't looking for something too specific and I was willing to compromise on a couple of purchases.

At any rate, that weekend I scored two shirts, two skirts, two pairs of shoes and a pair of shorts.  Jackpot!  Those seven items made me feel like I had a whole new wardrobe!  Now granted, one of the skirts is just a plain, tan skirt and one of the shirts is a plain white shirt - nothing to get overly excited about.  But this shirt, I love.  I love the neckline.  I was concerned that the piece around my neck would aggravate me; it didn't.

Not only that, this outfit made me feel confident and pulled together.  It helps that I received a few compliments about it.  So this one is a keeper.

Also you should know, I rarely wear white pants.  I feel the need to have a pair in my closet for some reason, but I rarely wear them.  Mainly, because I know as soon as I do, I will spill.  Has that ever happened?  Not to my recollection, but still...the fear is real.  I have since made the determination that I will wear white pants in the summer a bit more often; spills be damned.

With the sweater.  Ignore the wrinkles, this was taken AFTER a long day at work

Without the sweater.

And can we talk about the shoes for a minute?

You know how much I love my shoes!

These shoes, along with the other pair, are the compromises I was talking about.  I have been looking for shoes with the ankle strap, chunky heel and a zipper in the back all summer - okay, it might have been my summer obsession.  When I found this pair sans the zipper, I snapped them up - I figured I could live without the zipper - although that feature WOULD make getting them on easier.  Then I sourced out another pair in black.  And I LOVE both pairs even though they are different brands.  These heels are ridiculously comfortable.

In fact, I have a wedding to attend this fall and I think I could wear the black pair for the entire wedding and reception without issue because they are THAT comfortable.  I'm not sure why these shoes are more comfortable than my lower heeled shoes but I think it has something to do with the chunky heel; surely there is some scientific explanation for this phenomenon.

So there you go - my outfit of the day - granted full of wrinkles and rumpled after a very LONG day (the alarm went off EXTRA early today - don't ask) but very pleased with this outfit.

And regarding that first paragraph, it's true.  I'm seeing plenty that the naked eye didn't see before.  Mainly, I need to thoroughly clean this room.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sharp outfit. Love the shoes, they are very cute. Oh how I love a new outfit!!!

    I didn't notice anything in that room that needs cleaning up, but I'm accustomed to a ton of clutter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice! I am glad you persisted and got such a great new outfit. :-)

    ReplyDelete