May 6, 2014

My newest favorite product

I just HAVE to share this information with the world.  And no, I haven't been compensated in any way, but IF the company wants to send me a free, lifetime supply I wouldn't say no.

What could this amazing product be, you wonder.  Well, let me tell you.  It's Hollywood Fashion Secret.  This stuff is fabulous!

I don't know about you - but besides the belt issue described in the link above - I have narrow shoulders.  This fact was hammered home to me after I fell in love with, and bought, several boat neck tops.  And then began the constant task of trying to keep my bra straps under wraps.

A nearly impossible feat.

And, as you can imagine, the sight of peek-a-boo bra straps ruined the whole look I was going for.

Which led me to the "almighty Google."  I figured I couldn't be the ONLY one with this problem.

And it turns out - I wasn't.  Only, the results that I received included wearing a tank top of the same color underneath (too hot and/or bulky) or sewing (never gonna happen).  And then, buried in the comments, I saw someone mention this tape.  Although, they clarified, they'd never actually used the product.  Rather than Googling the product, I found myself falling down a different rabbit hole in the Internet - as you do.

Now I have been known to use various office products (packing tape and/or staples) to fix wardrobe malfunctions; i.e. ripped hims, etc. with so-so results.

Despite what you may think, packing tape (even the good kind) does not hold all day and staples...well, they can actually ruin your clothing.

So the next time I found myself in a store that carried the product (SteinMart, if you must know), and I actually noticed that they carried the product, I picked up a package.  Needless to say, the very next day I tried the product with a boat neck top.

I applied the tape to my bra strap and secured the top to the tape.  And miracle of miracles!  It held!  ALL DAY.  And surprisingly, even upon removal the tape was still sticky; whereas packing tape would have long last its stickiness by the end of the day.

Now, obviously, you need to remove the tape and toss it after each use.  Also, you want to be careful to not get it on your skin.  Not that it will remove the top layer of your skin upon removal, but it is slightly uncomfortable and will leave a residue but nowhere near as painful as removing duct tape would be.  Ask me how I know?

But all that aside; this product works.  And I am no longer spending an inordinate amount of time adjusting my clothing.  Which means I'm far more productive at work.  Well...that's my story anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's a good story, Gigi. I don't wear boat necks but if I did, you can bet I'd try this trick. The truth is that t-shirts hardly ever need adjusting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this product. I've have a couple of shirts I rarely wear because of this exact problem. I bought double-sided tape that works ok but not like I need it to work.

    ReplyDelete