March 3, 2013

You know you live in the South when...

Your boss casually, out of the blue, gives you this.....


Why yes, that IS moonshine; Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon moonshine to be exact.  But this, apparently, is the legit stuff....so I don't have to worry about the "revenoors" coming after me.  This particular batch is blueberry flavored - and, after one quick sip - just to say I tried it, it's pretty tasty with a rather wicked kick once you get past the flavor.  Which is a dangerous combination in my opinion.  Which is why this has been put away for a "special occasion."  What that occasion might be, I don't know.

Funny how the receipt of this coincided with a recent viewing of Lawless; which was an excellent movie, by the way.  If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do.

Although, I must admit, we did not have jelly jars with which to drink it - we were forced to use a wine glass.  How bourgeois of us.  I have since added jelly jars to my list of items to acquire for whenever that "special occasion" should arise.  I'm thinking I only need two - I don't see a need for a full service of twelve.

If you've lived around here for any length of time, you've heard of Junior Johnson - usually in connection with racing; although he was quite well known for "running 'shine".  Of course NASCAR is huge around here.  But even more than football, it goes right over my head and doesn't hold my interest.

But, I have to admit, every time I'm on my way up to Man-Child's school and I see this sign....

Stolen Borrowed from here

It feels like I'm being issued a challenge...

But somehow, I don't think my poor, little Corolla could possibly be up to Junior's standards, but I'm tempted just the same.

8 comments:

  1. And I thought that was gonna be sweet tea. Guess it shows what I know about the south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris used to be a big NASCAR fan and I have been to more races than I care to admit. I even have 3 tires that were removed from racecars in my garage. Ummmm...what?!

    Save that Blueberry moonshine for the wake. I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonshine : )
    That is a pretty nice weekend gift, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moonshine! I've never tasted it. After your description, I think I'll wait a bit longer... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it, baby! Just drink the 'shine and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried Moonshine before. I'm not sure if I'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the only Moonshine I'd try was the legal stuff... I'd likely go blind if it wasn't legal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious as to what a jelly jar is?! Is it just that... a jar that had jelly/jam in it?

    ReplyDelete