June 14, 2014

You guys?! Guess what I found?!

As I was driving through a neighborhood that I pass through once or twice a week, I spotted something new.  And magical!  (At least to me)

This is NOT the one I saw.  I stole  borrowed this from here.

A LITTLE FREE LIBRARY!!

Ever since I've heard about these I've been wanting to stumble across one.  And make one.  Or thirty.

You all know how much I love to read.

I had been to their website and knew that we had a few in town; but didn't seek any of them out, because I wanted to "stumble across one."  And I did.  And It.Made.My.Day!!

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to stop.  But today, I made my way there...on purpose.  I left off some books to be passed on.  I didn't take any, but one day soon, I'm sure I will.

As I said, ever since I've heard about these I've wanted one.  But our last house was on a busy road and it wasn't safe.  Here, we are renting and I don't think the owner would approve.

But I'm wondering if I could slip one past the Homeowner's Association in one of the public areas...if I didn't register it, they'd never know it was me...unless they read my blog (doubtful).

I know, without a doubt, that our next house will be sporting one of these.  And, if I can figure out a way to sprinkle these all over town - I would.  It's a fabulous idea.  Take a book...leave a book.

6 comments:

  1. There's one in Fairhaven that I see when I'm on my Saturday walks. It's such a very cool idea. And all I can say is more power to you, Gigi! Do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just fab, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard about this before. But this is good one for readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine posted about finding one of these in Colorado where she lived. How neat!! Wish we had one here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of seen one of these! LOVE the idea!! Simply love it!

    ReplyDelete