We have been looking for a house since November. EIGHT months.
As you know, we recently had a deal fall through; mainly due to the Seller's unwillingness to negotiate.
Since that time, our Realtor hadn't contacted us in WELL over a month. When the Husband reached out last week to see what was up and asking for a copy of the contract we signed, she responded that "she was waiting until we got over this emotional time." No response regarding his request for a copy of our contract. HA.
I was ready to fire her but the Husband counseled patience. Despite my misgivings, I agreed. And sent her an email on Friday asking if we could see two houses this past weekend. No response.
Not even a quick, "I'm sorry, I'm out of town" or "I've had a death in the family" or "I dropped my phone in the toilet" or "I refuse to work with you picky people any more."
Talk about unprofessional. Being completely fed up, I sent her an email on Sunday and told her we are done.
It's the first time I've ever fired anyone. It kinda made me sick. But I know in my heart, that as nice as she is, she isn't the agent for us.
This woman has wasted more than a month of our time during the very short "selling" season and now we have to start all over.
We won't even get into the fact that what I am seeing out there is beyond depressing. So much so, that I've informed the Husband that despite my not wanting to choke ourselves with a huge mortgage that I'm beginning to think we might have to do so to find anything livable.
As I'm sure you've surmised, he's pulled me back down to reality...and the search continues.
After firing off the missive late Sunday evening that we were done, I FINALLY received a response yesterday afternoon. No apology about her unresponsiveness. Nothing. Just saying she was sorry and asking what were our plans...as if that's any of her business at this point.
The Husband told me he emailed her again about the contract yesterday (wanting to be sure that we are in the free and clear to look without her)....with no response. He emailed her AGAIN this morning and finally received a response that she was in Continuing Education today and would send it tonight. As of right now, we've not received it.
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter any more whether or not we are still tied into the contract - SHE is obviously in breach of the contract and if we don't hear from her tonight, we will be bringing this matter up with her broker and explaining QUITE clearly that we are done.
So, to recap...we are still looking for a house but now we are going solo. Wish us luck. Because, honestly, this living on top of each other is getting OLD and someone is bound to get hurt (gives the Husband the side eye...)
Who knew that finding/buying a home would be THIS difficult?