March 22, 2020

How we can help and stay connected

Swistle posted a very good question on Twitter the yesterday



And it was determined that, yes, homemade masks and gowns are being accepted and Joann's is behind this 100%.  Not only that, you can place an order online and choose curb-side pickup.  All you do is call the store when you arrive and they will bring your order to you.

If you are looking for a way to be of some assistance this might be something you can do.  I may order fabric and give it a shot although I am by no means a seamstress.  I will need to do it in the evenings or next weekend though.

Also, as we keep our distance from friends and family you can still connect.  The Husband and his extended family are currently on a Zoom video conference call.  You could also use Skype.  Both apps work for both android and iPhones.  In order to set up this call, a group email was sent out and they all agreed to chat at 3:00 pm today.  It currently sounds like there is a big party going on in the living room as they are laughing and talking over each other. 

I can't tell if it's because of The Husband's phone or if it's the app - but it seems to me that Skype is easier to use.  But I'm almost certain that it's The Husband's phone.

Stay safe, my friends.

3 comments:

  1. I actually thought about this over the weekend - wondered if there was a way to make masks and then your post popped up. I am no seamstress, but I do have a sewing machine and I know how to use it. (furry Halloween costumes are my specialty because they are so forgiving). If I find the time, I might try this out if I can find a pattern. I am thinking this can be one of my at-home real life learning lessons for my kids. They are all trying their hand at cooking, so maybe I can introduce them to my sewing machine. I do need to get caught up on my online writing class too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of making masks, but I was under the impression that they had to be a particular mask to actually keep out the germs as regular masks do not work. No?
    I love the idea of a family conference call. I've been on the phone more lately too having real conversations as opposed to texting.

    ReplyDelete