March 24, 2020

Stealing pillows...

As we are in the throes of what appears to be a long haul - a little humor (albeit a bit macabre)...

Apparently, in addition to talking in my sleep on a nightly basis, I have taken up a new sleep-hobby.

Stealing pillows - violently yanking them right out from under The Husband's sleeping head, much to his utter dismay.

According to him, I thrash around a lot at night and sometimes knock one or more of my allotted three pillows to the floor.  And when that happens, I flounder about in my sleep until I "find" a pillow and then SNATCH it out from under him.

If he tries desperately to hang onto his pillow, he swears I growl at him, "GIVE it to me!"  And eventually he acquiesces for his own safety.

I must confess I collapse into uncontrollable giggles when he  informs me, very much aggrieved, of my crime the next morning.  He points out all of my nocturnal crimes the next morning, apparently thinking that will change my wayward behavior.  Unfortunately for him, this has yet to work and, I'm pretty sure it never will at this point.

I must also confess, that while typing the previous paragraph I had to stifle my giggles.

What does that say about me as a person?

At any rate, as The Husband was driving today he heard a news item reporting that a local 57 year old women beat her husband with a bat, no reason for why she did this was mentioned.  While relaying this information to me he added, that is very first thought upon hearing this horrific news was, "He just should have let her HAVE the pillows!!"

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That is pretty funny, but it sure would make me mad if hubby were to steal my pillow in the middle of the night! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. Coach and I just had a pillow dispute- totally different from this. Do you wake up and recall what you were dreaming about? For my writing class, one of my assignments is to take note of what we dream and eventually we use it in an assignment. If I don't jot my dream down right away- I totally forget it.

    Poor Husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time when I was sleeping I had a dream I was being chased by people on a bicycle. I punched them but in reality I punched my husband square in the face. That was years ago and I still giggle when I talk about the incident

    ReplyDelete
  4. I steal blankets so I can relate to this.
    The bat lady who beat her husband, was this before or after the quarantine? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like you have a whole different aggressive nighttime personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!!! This is hilarious. Sounds like you guys might need to sleep in separate beds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. Look what these days have done to you. :) I giggled too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to fight over the covers. A LOT. I got a weighted blanket for Christmas. He hates it. No more stealing covers. Problem solved. :)

    ReplyDelete