December 17, 2021

Last minute Christmas bits and bobs

 Well, we are down to the wire now, aren't we?  As of tomorrow, we only have a week until the big day.

For the most part, I think I'm ready.  I've got one gift left that I would love to track down but, so far am not having any luck.  Yes, Amazon has it.  But for a price that I am not willing to pay.  At this point, I think, I'm willing to let this one go, if I can't chance upon a local store that carries it.

Currently, I'm knee deep in Christmas candy/baking (peanut butter fudge? Done.  Almond bark?  Done. Peppermint Double Chocolate Chip cookies?  Done.).  The spritz cookies still need to be done...probably tomorrow.  Today, I just could not face wrestling with the cookie press.  And I am still deciding whether or not I need to throw another candy/cookie into the mix for the neighbors.

Short aside, the friends two doors down, just sent over a home-made peanut brittle that is out of this world.  No one else in my family cares for it (the ogres) so it's all for me!  And then I wonder why I am not pleased with the scale lately.

I bought generic Christmas cards, since we have ZERO pictures of us this past year, about a week ago with every intention of sending at least a couple.  The cards are sitting on the dining room table, glaring at me.  Hopefully, tomorrow...but I'm beginning to think this may also just go by the wayside.  

I have to say, having The Husband home all day every day (yes, we are wrapping up his first full week of retirement) is putting me off my game.  Okay, FINE!  That is the excuse I am using for why so many things are going by the wayside.

On another note, it's probably too late to order this for a Christmas gift but I ordered this shirt for myself that arrived the other day.  It calls itself a sweatshirt but it doesn't look like a standard sweatshirt.  It has a boat collar, is a nice weight and has a curved hem; I do love a curved hem.  Currently, it appears to be mostly out of stock but if you are on the search for this type of shirt, I highly recommend this one since I fell in love with it as soon as I opened the package.

Yes, I am a person who can fall in love with an article of clothing.  This shirt will be worn on repeat for the majority of this "winter." (Can we call it winter when it is currently 70 degrees Fahrenheit?  Why do I have a feeling that February is going to knock us for a loop regarding winter weather?  That being said, the remainder of those damn pine trees need to figure out how NOT to fall down in my yard; I simply cannot deal with that again any time soon.)

The other last bit of Christmas that I need to deal with is stocking stuffers.  Particularly for The Husband.  For some reason, this year, I am running into a road block with stocking stuffer ideas.

How about you?  Are you all set and ready to go?  Have any stocking stuffer ideas to share?


20 comments:

  1. I am ready for Christmas because we do very little for Christmas. No gifts, no parties-- just send out cards to those we love and enjoy ourselves at home. About stocking stuffers, a friend buys a variety of those little bottles of alcohol [I call them nips] and uses them for stocking stuffers. And idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my husband's stocking, I bought things like pistachios and fancy trail mix, and also some weird sugar-free candy that he has wanted to try but I thought sounded gross. Sounds like you've got things in order! Hope you can enjoy some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Husband loves pistachios so those will definitely find their way into his stocking.

      Delete
  3. You are doing great, it seems! Thanks for the update on your Christmas doings. Sounds perfect to me. Can I have a taste of that peanut brittle? I love it, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We decided NOT to travel to Budapest as a Christmas gift which means I need to start shopping for actual gifts. Mini started a fever last night so we are at the doctor office right getting a rapid test . . . so our Christmas might be quite sad this year if this is covid and we all get it or we have to quarantine. She has been vaccinated but not boosted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it's just me, but when I clicked on the link to the shirt, I was sent to a page that said "nothing here" (or words to the effect). Now you have to take a picture of it and show it because I'm always looking for comfy tops to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try searching Women's Croft & Barrow Cozy Pullover Crewneck Sweatshirt or try the link below. I got the navy striped one.

      https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4971799/womens-croft-barrow-floral-crewneck-sweatshirt.jsp?skuId=Women%27s%20Croft%20%20%20Barrow%20%20Cozy%20Pullover%20Crewneck%20Sweatshirt&search=4971799&submit-search=web-regular

      Delete
    2. Thanks! They're pretty. And practical.

      Delete
  6. I would love to come over and enjoy all of those treats! They sound delicious and festive! Some wrapping left to do, but otherwise things are pretty well done. Merry Christmas, Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could! As I made these goodies, I was thinking of all my blog friends and wishing I could share ten with y'all. Merry Christmas, Suzanne!

      Delete
  7. Someone announced due to his work he can't get Christmas done in time for Christmas, so we do stockings and such on NYE.
    That's a let up I don't have to press this week. Good
    Today I put up the first of the decorations on the tree. which only went up yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a sensible approach rather than trying to squeeze it all in and ending up exhausted.

      Delete
  8. All sold out on the sweatshirt! It was a popular item.

    Good for you not obsessing about certain gifts this close to The Day now. I'm sure what you have already is more than enough.

    WHO DOESN'T LIKE PEANUT BRITTLE? PHILISTINES! More for you.

    Thanks again for kickstarting me into the holiday. I might not be done if it weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great shirt. In fact, I'm wearing it as I type. Yes, they are Philistines with absolutely no taste; but yes, more for me!

      I think we all would have gotten there eventually - it's not like it won't get here if we aren't ready.

      Delete
  9. The shirt link doesn't work. I feel like I need to see it.
    I'm almost ready. We didn't do as much this year and still, it felt a bit daunting.
    Merry and Happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything feels especially daunting this year. :-/

      Try the link below instead to see the shirt.

      https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4971799/womens-croft-barrow-floral-crewneck-sweatshirt.jsp?color=Navy%20Stripe&prdPV=1

      Delete