December 22, 2022

A Christmas Snafu Avoided...narrowly

The last of the Christmas gifts landed on the porch yesterday, much to my relief.  I set the boxes aside and went about my day, wrapping up the last of the baking so that treats could be delivered to the intended recipients today.

Late last night, I sat down to open the boxes and wrap a few gifts.  I had ordered a few things intended for the stockings.  Of those things ordered were novelty Christmas socks for Man-Child and The Fiancée.  The one pair I ordered for Man-Child was fine.  Blue with Santa's all over them.  Cute, right?

Then I pulled The Fiancée's socks out of the box - the ones with a very cute pattern and what I thought was prancing reindeer.

Friends.  Those reindeer are NOT prancing.

What I am saying is that these are not socks that are Rated G.  

My husband about fell over when I showed him the socks.  And wondered HOW I mistakenly ordered X-Rated socks.  This is what happens when you are in panic-buying mode, people.  I looked at the tiny pictures of the novelty socks (without reading the titles because...they are Christmas SOCKS, for crying out loud!) and just assumed that this particular pair was another cute pair of socks.

So, I guess I am now the proud owner of Reindeer Getting Frisky socks, since I obviously can't put them in her stocking.

And now, I am picturing a day, far in the future, the children will be cleaning out my things after I am gone and coming across these socks....

12 comments:

  1. That is hysterical. Donate them. Or save them for a white elephant party. Or bachelorette party. Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny. And I agree these would make a PERFECT white elephant gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is really funny! Gave me a great chuckle to start my day. Thanks, Gigi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. X RATED CHRISTMAS SOCKS! Oh, lolololol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi, I know this isn't funny but IT IS SO FUNNY. I hope you wear those X-rated reindeer loud and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should still give the socks. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best post I have read all day. I think you should wear those sox to every Christmas event forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, that was close! I think you’ll need to know her longer before you know if that would have been a good gift. Close call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this quite wise to have a few things for the descendants to find and wonder how on earth did our fuddy-duddy parents have a randy side?
    Happy Holidays to you! I am glad you are here blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely think you should wear these socks on Christmas & see if anyone notices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny. Who would've thought? I vote for the white elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is hilarious! In our house, those would be the coveted socks!

    ReplyDelete