February 18, 2023

Saturday Chatter

 Everyone settle in with your preferred beverage because this will, most likely, be a post that meanders from topic to topic - you've been warned.

Like most of you (I assume), when something new in the world of drug store mascara pops up on my radar I immediately want to try it.  A couple of weeks ago, as I was scrolling through Instagram, I saw a post about L'Oréal Telescopic Lift mascara and how much the poster loved it - so on my next trip to the drug store, I bought it.

I am here to tell you - don't waste your time or your money.  Well, I guess it's up to you but, for me, this mascara was an epic fail for a couple of reasons.  One, it seemed a bit pricey for drug store mascara; strike one.  Despite the interesting brush - which seemingly SHOULD have worked to separate the lashes (it didn't) the product was very gloppy; strike two.  Finally, whenever I buy mascara, I triple check to make sure I don't buy accidently buy waterproof - so when I went to remove it that night I was shocked to discover that even with cold cream this stuff did not want to come off my lashes; strike three.

So, for now, I'll stick with one of my three current favorites.  

And speaking of drug stores...I don't know if it's just my local CVS or if it's this way across the board.  But our CVS has to be the most boring drug store ever.  Never mind the fact, that whole shelves are just sitting empty for whatever reason.  When possible, I love to poke around in a drug store to see what they have - but ours has absolutely nothing that appeals to me.  It has the basics and that's it - which, I suppose, is good for my bank account as there are rarely any impulse purchases when I visit.  But the other day, I wandered into Walgreens when I was on that side of town and it was a delight.  And yes, impulse purchases were made.

Including a planner - as per usual, I am optimistic that THIS planner will be the one that keeps me on track and organized.  The only difference is this year, I waited until we were halfway through February before buying one (instead of ordering the wrong year AGAIN in December).  We shall see if this planner works magic (doubtful).

You can all rest easy now because The Hoarder Husband has finally gone through his closet and he now has extra hangers in his closet.  We shall all offer up a prayer of thanksgiving that it never occurred to him that he could go buy more hangers.  I was pleased - particularly since he took it upon himself after he finally realized that I meant business - until I went into his closet to put away laundry and happened to look up.  Apparently, since he didn't have hangers or space in his drawers, at some point he started squirrelling away random pieces of clothing on the upper shelves. *sigh*

I finished that challenging puzzle (featured in the link in the previous paragraph) 



but much to my dismay... I somehow lost a piece.

For anyone keeping a record (and that would be me) this is the SECOND puzzle this year where I have somehow managed to lose a piece (HOW?!  There are no pets or small children in this house to blame).  I've searched high and low - the piece(s) are no where to be found.  Very frustrating.  I'm very tempted to order another one just to see if I can somehow keep all the pieces from disappearing.

But puzzling will need to wait because I'm still working on that Christmas stocking.  By my best guess, there are about 1,500 stitches left - not counting all the detail stitches (I hate detail stitches - but that's what "makes" the project...) so I'm guessing we can count on this finally being done in, I don't know...April?

21 comments:

  1. There are few things in this world more frustrating than ONE missing piece in a puzzle.

    Nicole - giver of boundless wonderful advice - suggested I try Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift and it has been great! It doesn't exactly make me look like a movie star, but I think that has more to do with genetics than mascara?

    And I am with you on mascara removal. I hate getting off any kind of mascara, but removing waterproof mascara is torture and I haven't bought any in years. If I know I'll be swimming or crying...I just go au natural. Life is too short to be wiping at my eyes for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift is one of my favorites that I keep in rotation. Not only is life too short to remove waterproof mascara; aging skin does not need me tugging on the delicate eye area to get it off.

      And yes, that ONE piece missing is vexing.

      Delete
  2. I think most of us are constantly in search of the perfect mascara. Since it's the only makeup I wear anymore, that quest especially takes up my time. I use two--Cover Girl Clump Crusher, followed by Maybelline Falsies (not Lift). They easily wash off or come off with a makeup removing wipe.

    As far as your puzzle, I've heard of some people getting puzzles with a piece missing--they came that way. I'd be beyond irritated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance, I've not heard of Cover Girl Clump Crusher....adds a note to my shopping list. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. It's been a long time since I've used any makeup at all, and I stopped with mascara last of all. It does such nice things for our eyes, but I kept finding it underneath, giving me a not-so-pretty raccoon look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, a raccoon mask is not good! My routine is pretty pared down these days but I've got to have the mascara and lipstick.

      Delete
  4. I went through a stage where it seemed like every puzzle I did was missing a piece. I thought maybe Barkley ate them. But then recently we did a puzzle I got at Christmas and it was also missing a piece! I looked everywhere and could not find it. Rex doesn't eat non-food things so I'm sure he's not the culprit...but maybe Barkley was also wrongfully blamed and there is somewhere in my house that has like four random puzzle pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those missing puzzle pieces are probably where ever it is that the missinng socks go.

      Delete
  5. I'm dying that you found a stash of clothes moved UP...as I know someone very close to me who did this same thing! MEN!
    I've had quite a few puzzles missing one or two pieces and it's so frustrating.
    Good luck on the stocking; you'll be done before Christmas, so there's that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men! Indeed...

      The puzzle thing is SO frustrating - the puzzle is now useless.

      If that stocking isn't done before next Christmas, I think I will lose my damn mind.

      Delete
  6. Where are the missing pieces?? Surely you didn't lose them. But how does the manufacturer not get all the pieces in the box???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think that the manufacturer's have contingencies in place to ensure that doesn't happen. But maybe not.

      Delete
  7. That puzzle looks amazing, but where is the piece?! Sometimes I think puzzle makers leave one out on purpose, to mess with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I said out loud to myself: BUT THERE ARE NO SMALL CHILDREN OR PETS. Very mysterious indeed. The clothes on the top shelf made me laugh. I'm always interested in a great mascara. I hate clumpy lashes. I usually wipe more of the mascara off of the brush before I apply so that my lashes have a touch of make up and I avoid clumping. It probably looks to most people like I barely have any of it on so might defeat the purpose entirely. I can't wait to see the finished stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried wiping most of the mascara off the brush with the new mascara - even with that I still wasn't happy with it and it was still too hard to remove.

      Delete
  9. The thing about mascara is that the stuff melts into my eyes irritating them, then I have to remove it with some product that inevitably causes my sensitive skin to turn bright red. It's losing proposition for me.

    Laughing about your puzzle. We had the opposite thing happen. Upon finishing a puzzle we had 3 extra pieces. Come to find out, when pushed for an explanation, the husband fessed up to having opened two puzzles at the same time, looking through the pieces, then deciding which one he wanted to do. A few pieces from puzzle #1 attached to his sleeve and ended up in puzzle #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having three extra pieces! How funny! I can understand about the piece attaching itself to a sleeve - I thought that was what happened to me, but the piece is nowhere to be found - plus I only had the one box open.

      Delete
  10. For what it's worth, my puzzle that I saved for surgery? Didn't even make it to the hospital. It's still sitting downstairs in all it's "only edge pieces completed glory". Some day.... Some day....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Round here I'd blame a cat but maybe you have some gremlins. Or static?
    No idea on the mascara, not with any since 1998.. I'll ask the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops that wasn't meant to be anonymous..sorry Ffi/BNM

    ReplyDelete