April 18, 2011

Questions and Answers

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst has tagged me in a lovely game of Q&A.  Well, this should be fun.  Only you have to decide....is she (she being me, of course) telling the truth? Hmmmmm.


Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Ouch!  A hard one to start out on; now isn't it?  There are a lot of people I admire for various traits.  

When were you happiest?
I would have to say when Man-Child was a little guy.  He was so sweet and cuddly.  

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Quite possibly, that would be first grade.  With only 5 minutes of class left, I had to go to the bathroom.  Sister Susan refused.  You can imagine the results.  You can also imagine the teasing for the next few years.

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
Trying to decide what is considered "property?"   I can tell you that the most expensive "whim" that was bought was a piece of marble that hubby thought would make a fine table of some sort.  Which is still sitting in the trunk of my car...... five years later.  Remind me to tell you about the time I went to Myrtle Beach with a girlfriend and we had to change the tire and couldn't because we couldn't move that damn piece of marble! Ended up calling Triple A.  Okay, so maybe that's the whole story after all.

What is your most treasured possession?
Do shoes count?  If not, then Man-Child.  (What do you mean that people don't count???  They do!!  He's mine!)

Where would you like to live?
If you've read this blog for any amount of time then you should know that would be a beach somewhere.  But a special beach.  One that is immune to oil spills and natural disasters of any kind.

What’s your favourite smell?
Freshly bathed babies are always nice.  And vanilla.  I love vanilla.  And the beach.  The beach has that "special" smell; doesn't it?

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Who wouldn't want to play me??  

What is your favorite book?
Now this one is just not fair!  I read far too many books to have a favorite.  But if you insist on backing me into a corner, I'd have to say Little Women.  Do you know how many times I've read, and re-read, this book?   Yes, even as an adult.  And of course, there is any Steven King novel.....or Jodi Picoult......or Dean Koontz.......or Maeve Binchy.....or......see???  I've only just begun and already I've created a list.

What is your most unappealing habit?
I plead the 5th.  As far as you know, I have NO bad habits.  I'd like to keep it that way.  Thank you.  As far as you know, I am PERFECT.  Let's keep it that way.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Something that would be seen on the red carpet - with the body to match - with gorgeous shoes (of course).

What is your earliest memory?
Falling out of the car.  Luckily at a stop light.  And even more lucky, that the car behind us didn't run me over.  Needless to say, my mother was mighty upset with my dad for letting us sit in the car while he went into the store; which meant that my brother and I got in and out of the car while he was gone.  Meaning, I didn't close the door properly....hence me falling out while leaning on the door. (Obviously, this was pre-car seats and seatbelt laws....dammit! I just dated myself!  Forget everything you just read.  I'm really only 29!  I swear!)

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
The obvious answer would be chocolate and wine.  But really? I think the guiltiest pleasure would be lounging in a hot bath with a good book.  And some chocolate and wine.

What do you owe your parents?
This one is a real struggle.  Although, I'm sure I owe them plenty; I currently can fail to see it.  Maybe perseverance?  Because I've overcome a lot.  And surely, the heart to do so had to come from somewhere.  Hmmm, this would be an interesting question to ask Man-Child.  Now, five years from now, and so on. He'd better have MUCH better answers!

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
Probably my Hubby.  He had NO idea what he was getting into.  Even though I warned him.....so technically, he brought it on himself since he didn't believe me.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My son.  My life would be an empty, barren place without him; especially now that I've had the pleasure of knowing him.

What does love feel like?
Comfort.  

What was the best kiss of your life?
Getting a bit personal now, aren't we?  Hell if I know.  My memory is shot.  So I will have to go with the big sloppy kisses from that little guy (aka Man-Child).

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Are your freakin' kidding me????!!  

What is the worst job you’ve done?
An insurance company.  Hands down the worst.  Mainly because it was a sucky job and because I was never properly trained.  As a result?  There may have been agents out there in the early 90's who were certified when they shouldn't have been.....

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Once again, I plead the 5th.  But I will tell you this.  If there were things I could change that other people did, I would.  In a heartbeat.  But then that might change who I am; wouldn't it?

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Probably the time my car went for a spin, across six lanes of traffic, on the 610 Loop in Houston.  How I ever drove again after that is a mystery.  And dammit, I was still late for work after all that.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My son.  When I look back on things - he is, without a doubt, my greatest achievement.  

When did you last cry, and why?
I am usually not a crier.  At least not in public (public includes family, by the way.  I am a secret sobber.  Ssssh!  That's our secret!).  But the last time would have probably been a week or so ago when the stress of everything just came to a head.

How do you relax?
A hot bath, a good book and a glass of wine. Speaking of which, shouldn't we be wrapping this up about now?  I've got some serious relaxing to do.....

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A job for hubby. 

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That you can't quit.  No matter what.


Now, I'm supposed to pass this on.  As usual, I pass it on to anyone reading this.  Take it and run with it.  It's harder than it looks.


Can you spot the lie?  Is there one?  

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed with all your answers!

    What does it say about me that I laughed about you falling out of the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi, lie? Surely not. I do find it quite amazing that you survived the 610 episode and still made it to work, period! I would have HAD to change clothes and requested sedation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you need a time machine to go back when MC was little and then a beach to go to afterwards? That seems doable. ;)

    I can't believe you fell out of a car! That's kind of funny.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see a lie! Was there one? Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOo, vanilla is one of my favourite smells too. I don't like the sound of you going across 6 lanes of traffic! Thank goodness you were ok. x

    ReplyDelete