May 26, 2015

I need a house...and I need it NOW

As you may know, if you've been reading along, we "may" be buying a house.  I say "may" because I'm trying to temper myself as the inspection hasn't been done and, as we all know, if the report is a bad one then this deal could fall through.  Or, if the inspector isn't up to snuff we could be living with a Holmes Inspection kind of nightmare.  I'm trying not to think about that - in case you were wondering.

At any rate, this entire long weekend was a blur of searching for paint, appliances and flooring...for a house that hasn't even been inspected yet.

I actually had to talk myself out of a trip to Charlotte yesterday (Ikea; TWO hours away) because in my SANE mind, I know that if this inspection goes south. then we won't have a house.  But in my INSANE mind, I have been busy decorating.

This cute little Cape Cod has been cluttering my mind.

Yes, it NEEDS a garage.  Possibly, with a mudroom to attach to the house.  Still trying to figure that one out.

I've been ALL over Houzz and Pinterest, studying up on the decor for this style of house.  And, what I am seeing perfectly mirrors what I've been feeling.  A need to "lighten things up."

For the past several years, our (okay, MY..) decorating style has leaned more to a Tuscan-style..dark woods, heavier furniture, earth tones.  But, lately, I've been feeling a need to lighten things up.  This may be the worst decision I've ever made.

Why?  Because I live with slobs, people.  Plain and simple.

I found this picture on Houzz as inspiration for my new master bedroom.



Isn't it gorgeous?  Even the Husband agreed.

But look at it.  Really look at it.  That white duvet?  In my house?

Never gonna work.  NEVER.

Not enough bleach in the world would keep that thing clean.

But that paint color WILL be mine.

In the meantime, I will drool over appliances, floor, etc. as we impatiently wait on the inspection report...which won't occur until Thursday.  Who knows when we will get the report!?

*sigh*

Signed,
Still ImPatiently Waiting


6 comments:

  1. Actually looks like a really, really nice house. Good lick with the inspection and all of the aggravation to follow. Best of luck....and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house!!! I really like the bedroom idea, too... but white wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful house....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fingers crossed and waiting until I hear the news, one way or the other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love it!!! And yes, I realize I still owe you a very long email. It's coming. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bedroom, my colour choices are very similar. I have had white bedding and a pure silk throw of a few years now http://auntiegwensdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/we-survived.html

    It's still gorgeous, honest, get the white stuff, it'll be fine xxx

    ReplyDelete