August 8, 2016

Laundry, easy fixes and procrastination....yes, this is my life.

What is it about humans...oh, excuse me, I mean SOME of us humans; i.e. me, in particular?

I am someone who immensely enjoys the rewards of completing a simple, little task.  A task that should, in theory, only take five to ten minutes to accomplish.

I am also someone who has the ability to put things off for a ridiculous amount of time.  Remember this post?  Yeah, I'm still shaking my head over that one.  Granted, this latest incident isn't nearly as spectacular as ELEVEN years, but still....

How long have we been in this house now? *counting on my fingers* Yeah, about six months or so.  From the first day, as the washer and dryer were being installed I knew that the shelf above the dryer was too high for me to reach easily - and despite the fact that these shelves are the re-positionable kind rather than the kind that are permanently attached AND despite the fact that these were shelves that I could easily re-position all by myself with no tools necessary - I did nothing about it.

This meant that for the past six or so months, I have struggled every week to reach the detergent...for the last twenty-three weeks (give or take) - until about two weeks ago, when I'd finally had enough.  I took everything off the shelves, got the step ladder, re-arranged the shelves, replaced everything - it all took about 10 minutes.

And for the last two weeks, I have been able to easily reach up and grab the detergent whenever I started a load of laundry.  I cannot even begin to express how happy this has made me.  So what is it about me that made me put this tiny task off for so long?  How to fix this flawed personality trait?

Now, if I could just figure out a quick fix for getting the wet laundry out of the extra deep washer - I keep going in head first and struggling to make it out on my own...or even better figure out a way to quit ignoring the dryer's alarm when it goes off...why yes, I DID just discover the towels left in there from last week.

*sigh*

I think I'm incurable.

3 comments:

  1. It is good to find a solution for all the problems so that we could live a peaceful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I get bruised ribs from trying to get the laundry out of the washer. I'm vertically challenged and that thing is deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting that job done. If you had done it right away, you wouldn't have the same sense of pleasure every time you reach for the detergent. :-)

    ReplyDelete