February 14, 2019

How to have fun in marriage...or, at least, in my marriage.

Almost a month ago, to the day, I posted that I'd cleaned out The Husband's closet - which between you and me was a total pigsty.

When I did so, The Husband was so very happy with the result that he swore he was a reformed man and that from that day forward things "would be different."  And then proceeded to ask me EVERY day, like a proud little boy, if I noticed how clean he was keeping his closet.

I would acknowledge that I had noticed and how pleased I was with his efforts.  And then, last night...as I was getting ready for bed, I saw that he had just left his sneakers in the middle of the closet floor.

I saw that he was snoozing on the couch, as is his wont at that time of night, and I just couldn't resist...so I left this tableau for him to find and went to bed.

And that's how the road to chaos starts. :-)

So this morning, as I was brushing my teeth, he casually tossed out that he had to laugh when he walked into his closet last night.  I nearly choked on my toothpaste!  But, I noticed, those shoes were put neatly away.

3 comments:

  1. At least he's keeping it clean and has a good sense of humor! But you are right...leaving one thing out of place leads to another thing out of place and next thing you know, you are cleaning out his closet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that the two of you can laugh about it all. And that he might be "reformed" but as soon as you take your eye off the ball... it begins again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coach likes to hoard physical therapy journals and notebooks and handouts from talks, etc. They pile up in the corner of our room. They surround his recliner in the family room. They are stashed on a few shelves in our study closet. THROW SOMETHING AWAY!!!! I do have to occasionally go into his closet and decide what ancient shirts he is done with. And yet, he has a new cabinet all to himself in the new kitchen. Not sure what to do to get him to transfer his shit there. I am jealous that you got your guy to turn over a new leaf. (Oh, and don't get me started on tools. They are NEVER put away. I have to think about where his last project was and then look under bathroom sinks, etc.)

    ReplyDelete