March 27, 2019

I wrote a post about an article - even if you ignore my post; please read the linked article.

I read an article this morning that I think you should also read...to be honest, EVERYONE needs to read it and then actually buy into the concept because I think, if this takes off, it could revolutionize the world as we know it.

The company, Terracycle, is promoting a new shopping platform called Loop, which plans to do away with disposable containers - like shampoo bottles, laundry detergent, etc.

They are partnering with major manufacturers to deliver the products in reusable containers.  And, once those products are used they will pick up, clean and re-fill the the containers and send them on to the next customer.

Basically, they are bringing back the "milkman" concept.  As the CEO, Tom Szaky, said,

"We're going back to the milkman model of the 1950s.  You buy the milk but the milk company owns the bottle, which you leave in the milk box to be picked up when you're done with it." 

How awesome is this concept?  In my opinion, it is EXTREMELY awesome!

They are set to begin test marketing in key areas this spring.

I can't wait until they actually launch here because I am SO there for this initiative.

Click here for a link to the article.

***
Truth be told, I wrote this post months ago and just left it to languish in my Drafts folder - but today, Man-Child and I had a conversation that reminded me of this draft.  So I did a little more exploring and discovered that you can sign up for the wait-list so that when/if the program is rolled out in your area you will be informed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is very interesting. I have not heard anything about it. I would embrace this!!! Thanks for pointing this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't read the article, the paywall said I had to subscribe first. But I already do something similar: instead of buying a new bottle of shampoo, I refill the plastic container I bought at the co-op with my favorite shampoo. It means I don't ever have to throw away a container. It makes me feel virtuous, and it's cheaper, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete