April 24, 2020

Shortages on random things

Yes, we all know that any and all paper products or basic cleaning supplies are in short supply.

But here's a few random things that are also in short supply.

For the longest time, nail polish remover.  I couldn't find it anywhere.  Happily, I finally chanced upon a bottle; so I'm set in that department, for now.

My current search?  Leave in conditioner.  Yes, I can find leave in conditioner that comes in a spray bottle - this is not what I'm looking for.  I prefer a cream-type and the supplies are depleted EVERYWHERE.  Why?!  I can only surmise that the curly haired community - deprived of Ulta, are descending upon all available open retail outlets and sweeping the shelves clean.

I turned to Amazon - as one does.  Yes, there are some available...for a price.  One seller is selling a two pack of one of my (lesser) preferred brands for approximately $26 dollars.  People...this product retails for about $4 dollars at Target.  Can you say gouging?  I may have to report this seller to Amazon.

The other product I'm on the prowl for?  Dawn dish soap - the non-concentrated kind.  Explain to me exactly WHY dish soap cannot be found for love or money?  I'm fairly certain the majority of the population do not wash their dishes by hand.  Even *I* don't wash the majority of my dishes by hand; but I like to have it on hand for the occasional hand washing event.

And speaking of Amazon - I ordered a refrigerator replacement filter last week.  Yes, I understand that some orders are taking priority right now - and I'm fine with that.  But according to the tracking, this item has been "delayed in transit" since last week.  No other information than that.  Where is it?  If I don't receive it tomorrow, I will insist on a refund.  Which irritates - I'm supposed to stay home; hence the ordering from Amazon.  If it doesn't arrive, this will necessitate a trip to a big box store - which isn't stressful at all right now (insert sarcastic font here).

Since beginning this post, I have found my second favorite brand of leave in conditioner on Target's website - and have placed an order - of course, the brand is not available IN store so - finger's crossed that it actually shows up in the delivery.  We shall see.

In other news - as of this morning, North Carolina's Governor Cooper has extended our lock down until May 8th...for now.  A move that I actually applaud.  I think it's far too early to start easing restrictions. 

Where ever you are - stay safe and wash your hands.

9 comments:

  1. I have wondered at why some things are unavailable. Tall kitchen garbage bags. Huh? I cannot get Motts applesauce right now. The generic brand I bought is gross. Overly cinnamon. Gross. Our lock down in Chicago is extended to end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people are getting creative to make disinfectants and hand sanitizers. That may be why the nail polish remover and Dawn are missing. I also know rubbing alcohol is non-existent because you can use it to make homemade Clorox wipes (also non-existent).
    I was looking for a homemade Lysol recipe yesterday and I kid you not, Vodka was an ingredient. Then I got worried about vodka running out.
    Going to order some now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting what is in short supply. I think it's more a supply chain problem than the actual items being hoarded. I can't get my favorite laundry detergent, organic and fragrance free. Sigh. This too shall pass. Eventually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are able to find some nail polish remover. I have a little bit and was trying to find some a couple of weeks ago and was shocked when it was all gone. I am assuming people are using it to make hand sanitizer?? I don't know. I'm over it all.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy the weird items that we can't get our hands on. I hope you get your needed items; I'm especially worried about your curly hair.
    I also think the 'stay at home' orders should go on longer; better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand people are baking but chocolate chips are missing right now.
    Last night my friend and I traded soap for beer. I had plenty big soap because I did an oops while ordering and we were out of beer.
    I don’t drink and my husband rarely does but doesn’t mind a beer every once in a while. Because we don’t drink a trip ton the package store wouldn’t be an in and out trip.My friends were going to the package store so they just chose for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I haven't been able to find some items I wouldn't expect to be difficult to find. A certain brand of chicken seasoning (haven't seen it for weeks), Wonder Texas toast (on the bread aisle; not the frozen kind; I like it for French toast), Pasta Roni four cheese rotini (they have plenty of the other flavors), etc. Most things I can find if I go to more than one store. Though I really don't want to go to too many places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dish soap and leave-in conditioner. Huh. That's unexpected. I hope your fridge filter gets there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got your order in at Target. We did this last week and everything showed up fast. Dried goods kinda stuff. Really fun to have it just show up.

    ReplyDelete