October 21, 2023

Wedding Chatter - The Husband Edition

About a month ago, The Husband casually tossed out the fact that he would NOT be wearing a tie to the wedding.  I told him in no uncertain terms that he WOULD indeed be wearing a tie to the wedding; even if I had to wrestle him to the ground to put it on him myself.  

I mean, I don't care if he removes it at the reception but it will not kill him to wear a tie for the service and pictures.  What is he now - five?

At any rate, that conversation must have buried itself into my subconscious because the very next morning at 4:00 am, I sat straight up in bed and thought "His suit!!"

Unfortunately, for the both of us, his old suit no longer fits.  Same for most of his dress shirts. *sigh*

Belk, once again, saved the day and the suit fit perfectly.  But I have to wonder...it took more than a week for my dress to even ship but yet his suit arrived within three days.  Why?!  I guess because they figure women are planning their outfits way earlier than men even start to think about it, so they rush the men's orders on the premise that the wives will kill their husbands if they aren't appropriately dressed for the occasion.

At least, that's my theory.  

Now I just need to find the perfect outfit (no tie necessary, I suppose) for him for the rehearsal dinner. 

Bit by bit, we are getting there.

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you are only about a month away, I think that's right? I thought the wedding was pretty close to your Thanksgiving, is that correct? I'm so glad you thought of the suit now, and not a few weeks from now, because STRESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just about a month away. The wedding is the 25th. I can't believe this year has flown by so quickly!!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, spouse. There are times a tie is necessary and a wedding is one of them. Tell him it is a matter of honor - for himself his wife and for the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is flying! How exciting...and glad everything is coming together. There are so many little pieces to think about and coordinate! And you found the PERFECT dress, so the biggest part of the puzzle is completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time IS flying! And yes, at least my dress is sorted!

      Delete
  4. HA. What a great theory! And what a good feeling to be closing in on Being Ready.

    And this reminds me that I need to find my husband's suit and try to wrestle him into it because we have a couple of suit-wearing events coming up. YIKES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only theory that makes sense. Why do they hate to get dressed up? Don't they realize how dashing they look when they are wearing a suit and tie?

      Delete
  5. I know how frustrating it can be to get a husband to plan his clothes ahead. Mine looks at me like I'm nuts when I suggest such a thing. I'm glad Belk's came through for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised that we got this chore completed so early. I figured it would be a last minute dash down to the wire.

      Delete
  6. I laughed at the cartoon version that played out in my head of you wrestling husband to the ground to fasten his tie. I'm glad it didn't take long to get that suit ordered. This is so exciting. I hope the rest of the plans fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He better put it on voluntarily because I'm not exactly sure how to tie a tie; I might "accidently" create a noose. ;-)

      Delete
  7. I feel for your husband; really, I do. Ties are the dumbest things. They are part of The Uniform For Men, however, so he must comply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that as a society we are getting more and more casual but there are still protocols for certain events and he will most certainly comply for this one.

      Delete
  8. It's getting close! The Coach tried to tell me several times that he was wearing jeans and cowboy boots to Lolo's wedding and I told him, he can be replaced by someone who can wear a suit for five hours of his life. 😜😳

    I'm so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete