April 14, 2024

"Peanut Grigio"

 We held our Spring cul-de-sac party last night.  And, although, no moonshine mysteriously appeared on my kitchen counter this time; I heard a good time was had by all.

I say "heard" because I had to sit this one out because I had some kind of bug and didn't want to contaminate anyone.

The third one since January.  Considering I haven't been sick since December 2019, you can imagine this makes me a little salty...or more truthfully, a LOT salty - since people seem to think that it is perfectly okay to come to work sick on the "required" in office days (gives certain co-workers the side eye).  Hmmmph, have we learned nothing over the past few years?!  Some of us have apparently not.

When The Husband departed for said party, I told him he had ONE mission - to find out just who the Mominski's were (they popped up in the pre-party group texts and none of us knew who they were; so there was much speculation).

At any rate, at one point during the festivities, The Husband hauled himself up our very steep driveway to use the facilities.  Right around that time I wandered into the kitchen looking for the Nyquil and found him pouring some wine into a freshly washed peanut butter jar waiting to be recycled.

I looked at him and asked what he was doing. I mean, who WOULDN'T be curious at this sight?

Apparently, he'd forgotten his cup when he came up the driveway and needed a refill and didn't want to go back down to get it and come back up (I don't blame him - but I think I would have just found another cup/glass - I guess he gets points for ingenuity?).  I laughed and told him to enjoy his "peanut grigio" and the party.

We were still laughing about it this morning as he recounted the goings on from last night.  Oh, and it turns out the Mominski's are an across the cul-de-sac neighbor - we'd just never known their last name.  Seems like we learn a little more about each other at every party...whether one attends or not.

16 comments:

  1. good for you all for having such as party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do this a couple of times a year and, for the most part, we all like each other - so it's a good time.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha that's too funny Gigi!!! I have never thought of drinking wine from a peanut butter jar, but I give your husband points for creativity.
    Hope you're feeling better! Also - your card arrived here and it was a burst of sunshine in my day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the peanut butter jar was just the vessel. He left his Yeti tumbler down at the street and was too lazy to go get it and come back up. I am feeling better, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. Too funny. Our cup we sac hosted the neighborhood block party a?few years ago. We were going to tailgate at Notre Dame so we were not attending. After that it was not on my radar. So my SIL came to my house to carpool to the game. She parked in front of our house and in our rush to hit the road, I did not notice. I guess the neighborhood was asking all day WHOSE CAR IS THIS? CAN THEY MOVE IT? Oops.

    Hope you feel better. That is bad timing. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ernie, I do feel better. Oops on the car!

      Delete
  4. So sorry you're ill. AND missed a party, too--not fair.
    Love the pun on pinot grigio. Exactly why couldn't he just take a regular glass/wineglass to drink from?
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, thank you! He had a Yeti tumbler down at the street and didn't want to bring another (or a glass with all the kids running around); so he used the jar to carry down to decant into the tumbler.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. Illnesses can be so rude. It was party time. Mominski is such a cool last name to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, illness never shows up at the right time that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. HA! Peanut grigio is hilarious. And your husband does get points for ingenuity. I hope you are feeling better! Bugs -- especially when they come from careless, thoughtless coworkers -- are so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny. He's full of ideas, that one. I am feeling better, thank you. But still salty at said coworkers.

      Delete
  7. Your neighborhood sounds like fun. I do like a glass of Peanut Grigio every so often. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a pretty fun group of people, if I do say so myself!

      Delete
  8. A block party sounds like so much fun. I'm dying at your husband's choice of decanters....and your comeback was spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That man is an endless font for my entertainment; let me tell you.

      Delete