October 28, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.....

I have so many little bits just floating around....not enough to make a real post but just enough that I need to clear out of my mind to make room for more little bits.

First, is this......



Seriously?!  These have been around for a few years now.  And to be honest, it's a little irritating.  Mainly, because they are usually in "prime" parking spaces and because how come we didn't have these when mine was small?  I had to wrangle him all the way up from the bottom of the parking lot (uphill both ways!) - taking care that he didn't get run over until I could get him in the store and buckled into a cart.  Sheesh!!  You younger moms have it soooooo easy.

******
What with Halloween being around the corner and all - it should come as no surprise that I was totally freaked out today.  I jumped in the car at lunch, pulled up to the parking lot exit and just happened to glance down only to discover the world's largest spider sitting in my lap leering at me.  Needless to say, I screamed and swatted the thing away.  The world's largest spider is now lurking in my car somewhere - most likely pretty upset at me.  So of course I spent the entire drive to and from lunch - and on my way home this evening, keeping an eye on all the shadows in my car (what road?) and feeling like there was something crawling on me.  I may never drive that car again.    And here I was worried about snakes crawling out of the air conditioner vent after watching the news this summer - clearly I need to be more concerned about this spider who surely has revenge on his mind after being swatted.

****
In other news, one of my beloved colleagues has announced her retirement at the end of the year.  I am heart-broken.  She is one of the few sane ones and I love her dearly.  Life at work will not be the same without her.  So what that she has been with the company for about thirty years - how can she leave me like this?!  I have expressed my displeasure - it doesn't seem to faze her one bit.  I have informed her that she can't possibly leave me with all the crazy people - again, she doesn't seem to care.  She seems to think that we will keep in touch - I know better.  I know how those retirees are - I've seen the commercials.  They are out living the high life while us desk jockeys spend our days slaving away.

I've decided my only recourse is to kidnap her.

So, if you aren't busy next weekend.......I might need a little help - since I don't think she'll come with me willingly......

8 comments:

  1. I totally get how you feel about that stupid parking sign. What's even more irritating is the special parking priviledges for pregnant women. Since when is being pregnant a handicap? I would have been embarrassed to have been considered unable to walk across a parking lot when I was preggers.
    Oh, and I'm free next Wednesday, I can help you with the kidnapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to help with the "alleged borrowing" of your co-worker. Anything for the cause.

    Why not threaten her with your spider-car if she doesn't stay on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little far away to help but I could provide an alibi if necessary?

    "Yes sir officer, she was in Canada the whole time." :)

    Those stork parking and parent parking things irritate me. Since when are parents handicapped? My mother even thinks they're stupid, lol. And damn it they're taking away good parking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sign is just stupid.

    Yes -- that's my professional opinion. :-)

    Losing a co-worker is awful, especially since you never know who will replace her. You have my condolences!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove those Mommy parking spots. I remember wrangling two toddlers or a toddler and an infant seat. Yuk.

    But, even more so, what a great way to honor mom's. I don't see it like a "Handicapped" spot, I see it like an "Employee of the Month" spot. It may be the only time in a busy mom's day where she is saluted! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you with a spider loose in your car. My skin is crawling just reading about it.

    II think the kidnapping is a good idea...I'll drive the getaway car, as long as there are NO Spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's a shame about your colleague. Perhaps you could talk to your boss and get her a huge pay rise encouraging her to stay. ;0)
    And...please be careful on the road with that spider on the loose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a spider right over my head once just waiting to drop into my hair while I was driving. Thank God my daughter simply said, very calmly "Um, mom, I think you need to pull over, there is a bug over your head." I'm like, what? So, it can't.....(I look up) AHHHHH! Pull over, jump out, and then used a napkin to smash it. Yea, spider guts on the roof of my car, not pleasant, but better than a nest in my hair!

    Seriously? That's what they make strollers for!!!!!

    ReplyDelete