August 4, 2022

Day One

Friends.  We knew it was coming.  Especially as we watched the same scenario play out two doors down (on both sides) in the past couple of months.

Our AC died this afternoon...in August, no less.  Of COURSE this couldn't haven't had happened in, I don't know, June! (let's bow our heads and pray that the warranty company comes through...since this is the only damn reason we have that warranty anyway).

But honestly, after the whole hot water saga of 2020 and the no stove for Christmas (also 2020); I am not hopeful.

Especially after discovering our neighbor has the exact SAME home warranty company and was told that it would be WEEKS after their AC died a few weeks ago before it could be replaced.  They ended up buying a new unit and are now fighting with the company for some kind of reimbursement.

Therefore, since my memory is like a sieve, I figure I better document every single detail - especially since I've recently learned that this company has come under fire lately.  I want to be ready to unleash all the gory details, if necessary.

Actually what I am hoping happens is that since they ARE under fire this will be a smooth and not a long drawn out process.

Luckily, we have good friends two doors down (on either side of us now!).  One brought over a heavy duty fan and the other (the one with the same home warranty people) brought over a free standing air conditioner AND a window unit (they bought both when they figured out that the warranty people were weasels).  Plus, we have ceiling fans, a standing fan and a box fan.  

As the evening goes on, it's not terrible in the house; but we shall see what the heat of the day feels like tomorrow.  According to my weather app, it's not supposed to get above 90 degrees for the next four days - that itself is a blessing, I suppose.

So, I guess I'll wrap this up with - let's see how this plays out.

9 comments:

  1. I hope it all works out for you, but I am glad your temps are moderate for the foreseeable future. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. The temperature was moderate-ish but the humidity has been through the roof. So very grateful for these neighbors' generousity!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Fingers crossed it gets done quickly. One would like to think they'll learn from past problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would hope - particularly since it has been picked up by the local media. We shall see.

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness. Fingers crossed that it gets resolved faster than you anticipate. Great that your neighbors are helping you chill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ernie. I LOVE my neighbors! So kind and helpful. The best kind to have.

      Delete
  4. That's the worst thing to happen in August! We replaced one of our units in June and it was a miserable few days prior. Crossing my fingers this goes smoothly and you can keep your 'cool'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hoping for a good resolution for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gigi,
    Oh my gosh! You and I have been through the wringer with home insurance. AC in August is the absolute worst, though! You have some sweet neighbors. Thank Goodness for sweet neighbors! Even so, you and your hubs might consider hanging out in an airconditioned hotel/motel until your AC gets fixed. Try to keep cool during this...new frustration. If your local news is on the job, maybe that will help speed things along. Keep us updated! Mona

    ReplyDelete