I seem to recall at the beginning of 2011, I stated that THIS was going to be a great year. I thought I'd blogged about it, but apparently not (which seems to be normal for me. If I thought about it then surely I've blogged about it? But it turns out that usually, I've just thought about it and never blogged about it).
But I do remember saying that. That this year would be FAR better than last.
Well guess what? It hasn't been.
This year has been full of stuff. Icky stuff. I'm sure there has been some good stuff - and if I thought about it hard enough I could think of it - but by and large, the majority of the stuff has been icky.
It's been far worse than 2010. In 2010, my husband lost his job. That was bad, and still is, but that was NOTHING compared to this year.
So far this year -
* My husband STILL doesn't have a job
* My dad had to have major surgery - and I couldn't be there for him
* My cousin was killed - and I couldn't be there for my aunt
* My son was injured in football
* My son has had more car accidents than anyone person should be allowed to have
* Another cousin died
* My co-worker's wife died unexpectedly
* I've been dealing with a friend and her divorce-that-will-never-come-to-fruition (which doesn't SOUND like a big deal, but they are close-enough-to-be-family friends - so yeah, it's been ugly for all of us)
* Other miscellaneous and random crap
and, as of tonight?
* My son has injured his OTHER knee in the last regular game of the season; on Senior night. The night where Senior's and their parents are recognized.
As of now, we are hoping that it's no worse than the other injury. But, the fact that he came home with even an even BIGGER brace AND crutches doesn't seem to bode well. We will, hopefully, know more tomorrow.
Apparently, we are going to play-off's (how, I do not know. We've only won 2 games this year) and now it appears, he is done. No more playing this year.
I watched as they loaded him into the John Deere Gator-thingymabob to drive him back down to the field to watch the rest of the game. He looked at me and started to cry. He pulled his hoodie up so no one could see.
It broke my heart. Seriously.
You have no idea. It took everything in me not to start crying - BUT I did sob on the way home. And I have continued to cry sporadically ever since.
That boy has played his heart out this season. He has worked so hard and come so far. And it's NOT fair!
And don't tell me life isn't fair. I KNOW it's not. See the above list. But come on already! What did this kid ever do to deserve this much, this year?
So tell me - just WHO do I need to talk to about rectifying this? Because dammit, NEXT year had better be a FANTABULOUS year or else....
If not for me - then at least for him. Because he? HE deserves it.