March 12, 2018

It takes a village...and they actually like it, even if they pretend they don't

As some of you may have heard - we had snow today.  More snow than was expected.  Yes, those of you that live in the Great White North may laugh - but down here more than an inch or so IS a big deal.

Needless to say, Man-Child's school closed...after he'd already driven all the way in - of course.  And I found myself headed home around 11:00 am - what can I say?  I'm from Texas; I don't "do" snow and ice.

This evening as Man-Child was getting ready to eat dinner he received a text informing him that his school was on a two hour delay tomorrow.  I personally think they will eventually call it - because we are currently under a black ice advisory tomorrow.  About two minutes after Man-Child announced the delay a co-worker/friend sent me the following:



And this is what comes from working with people for years upon years - we find ourselves on the lookout for our co-worker/friend's kids - because they are near and dear to our hearts as we've all watched our children grow up.  And yes, there is nothing wrong with having more eyes and ears looking out for our nearest and dearest. 

3 comments:

  1. And we just set a temperature record by 6 degrees yesterday! It was 70 and gorgeous. Weird weather we're having worldwide, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take a village! And ... snow? Although this morning it was 31 degrees here, so we're all getting that last blast of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in high school my sibs and I drove around in a red '76 Chevy impala station wagon. Everyone knew where we were and what we were doing. That car was NOT discreet.

    ReplyDelete