May 1, 2011

Watching my little vacation come to an end....

Here I am - counting down the waning hours of my vacation.  *sniff* No more sleeping in (well, if you count 7:00 am sleeping in....WHY can't I sleep in anymore?!).

I have been off for the last ten days.  This is one reason I love my company.  They close the offices on Good Friday and Easter Monday.  So if you take four days off either before or after Easter then you end up with ten days off.  They also do this for a few other holidays as well.  For that they get high marks in my book.

It has been a very quiet ten days - with only a few scheduled events.  Easter with our friends was, of course, a lot of fun.  And then I had scheduled two different college visits for Man-Child.  Which I MONUMENTALLY screwed up somehow.  I had scheduled the visits for Monday and Wednesday of this past week.  I even wrote it down!  And then, somehow convinced myself that I had scheduled them for Tuesday and Thursday.

You can imagine how upset I was on Monday evening when I went to print the email with the directions to discover my mistake.  Luckily, I was able to recover and get us signed up for Tuesday and Thursday instead.

The visits went fine - although the first one made me really shaky to realize that we were scouting out places that my child would be living WITHOUT ME.  I think we have determined that he would prefer a smaller school (which actually sits much better with me as well).  We still have a couple others we want to look at and will hopefully fit them in soon - but will probably have to wait until August or September as most of the colleges are about to end their school year.

Other than that, not much has been going on.  No projects done (although there is a list of them a mile long), not much done in the way of housework (and it shows) and definitely no spring cleaning was done (and that shows too).  I haven't even been compelled to blog - other than that last book review which I did at the beginning of the vacation.  Truthfully, there are about three more books I will probably be sharing with you soon (but didn't want to overwhelm you with 4 book reviews in a row) as I have been parked here




for the most part of the ten days.  Doing this





and watching these progress




Yes, I know it's blurry.  The wind was blowing & wouldn't stop!

of which, I had a perfect view of while parked here


And these- may I say - smell heavenly



On the whole?  I'd say it was a good vacation.

But now, it's back to reality for me.  And waking up much earlier.....




9 comments:

  1. So you have been dealing with the wind, too. I thought it was windy March? In like a lion, out like a lamb? I think the lamb must have serious attitude issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. It's always so sad to see a relaxing vaca come to an end. I'm actually glad you gave yourself some serious R&R. I think you needed it.

    The flowers look lovely...and you cracked me up with two separate (and yet identical) photos of your porch chair! I wish I could have been right there with you.

    As for MC going away for school...time is your friend here. You need to sit with it and mull it over. I'll mention to him to start being more of a PITA. It'll make the eventual separation easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm on vacation next week and Mo and I are doing a college visit tomorrow. Luckily for me, she plans to attend close to home so I won't get the chance to miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had such a great vacation, and I look forward to the book reviews. That's quite a pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the book reviews. I need something good to sink my teeth into, I'm going bonkers with no school work...not complaining...well, ok, I'm complaining. But you have to get up earlier than I do, so your complaint is more valid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. I hope your work week flies by and is easy peasey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had Good Friday & Easter Monday off too. I'm surprised you had Monday off, not many people even here in Canada get it off (not really anyway).

    Ooo your MC is growing up. :) I hope you find a suitable college by end of summer/first of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great vacation! Mine was good too but went by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going on a short vacation this weekend and can NOT WAIT!!!!
    Hope your transition to the real world was fairly easy. Looks like you enjoyed your time off.

    ReplyDelete