Our "lucky" bamboo plant has been looking quite sickly lately.
Today was the day to figure out what was wrong with it. I attempted to pull it out of the pot. No luck. I put both my feet on the rim of the pot and pulled - still nothing. I tried digging around the edges - with no success.
In the end, I had to smash the pot on the driveway to retrieve it. And this is what I found.
It was completely and totally root bound. Yes, those are the roots. Orange and in the exact same size and shape of the smashed pot.
That explains EVERYTHING.
Now the bamboo is happily settled into a bigger pot and it's roots are roaming free. Let's see what happens.