March 11, 2012

While the boys are away, Gigi will play

The boys went to Asheville this weekend to visit my beautiful step-daughter.  I swear she must think I never want to see her since I never go - but to be honest, I treasure the quiet time when they are gone.  One day, I think she will understand.

It hasn't been ALL fun and games since they left yesterday morning.  No siree.  I've been a busy, busy girl.  The entire house is now spotless - it's heavenly.  I'm enjoying the pristine condition while I can because I know as soon as they return they will bring with them dirty laundry, noise, mess and general chaos.

But for now?  Listen......nothing but silence; except for the tap, tap, tapping of the computer keys.

There has been a little fun thrown in - I did some shopping.  Currently, I have been loving the navy and orange color combos that are hot now.  I don't know why this appeals to me since I generally never wear orange OR navy.  But there you go - apparently, now I am willing to wear them; at least together.  I guess I'm evolving.  

So I purchased a very cute orange skirt (on sale!) to go with a navy cardigan that has been hiding in my closet unworn.  Then puzzled over the shoes (of course!).  I began an obsessive search - at first thinking navy shoes would be the way to go.  And do you know what I discovered?  Two things.  One - navy shoes are extremely difficult to find and two, the ones I did find looked like old maid shoes.  Then it dawned on me that I have several pairs of neutral shoes that will definitely work.  Now I just need to wait for a warm day (hopefully this week) and for a miracle (that my legs will somehow no longer be that pasty winter white that is the color they are currently sporting).

I've also discovered Pinterest.  Well, to be truthful, I've been on it for a few weeks now, but haven't had the time to play with it.  This weekend I have.  And now?  Now, I am addicted.  Today alone, I have spent three two hours scrolling through.  And do you know what I've discovered (other than my new obsession for navy and orange)?

I am crazy.

And I have very expensive taste (despite the beer budget).

And I need to create a board entitled Things I Will Never Ever Make In A Million Years because I kept seeing things that looked great, but knowing me as well as I do, I know I will never make.  Like a white chicken enchilada recipe.  Really? Me?  We ALL know I don't cook! (but doesn't it look yummy?  I may have to print that one out and give it to Hubby).

I also saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cupcakes.  They look sinfully good.  This is one that I may actually have to try, you know, in my bid to keep Man-Child closer to home when he heads off to college this fall.  I think these might actually keep him around.  Or at the very least, will make him want to come home every other weekend.

*****
Thank you so much for all your kind comments on the last post.  I'm feeling a bit better and more in control at the moment.  Sometimes, I just get overwhelmed by it all.  It's nice to know that you are here with kind words when I need to let it out.  True friends, that is what you are. xo

5 comments:

  1. Your quiet, CLEAN house sounds heavenly. We cleaned yesterday since the boys had a friend spend the night, but you wouldn't know it today. *sigh*

    I need to go shopping, but to find the time and money to do so...it just isn't gonna happen. Hopefully my work clothes will last through May. I do have to go buy a swimsuit though and that is anything BUT fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love when I get the house just the way I like it (clean) and it stays that way!!!! And then the kids and Hubby come home:)
    Now go make those cupckaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have a clean house, quiet and serene... but you would grow tired of it pretty quickly, I suspect. I'm glad you are enjoying it now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house is quiet most of the time... but clean would sure be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a heavenly weekend! And I am so glad you're on Pinterest. Look under my "Food" board - I have a recipe for chicken enchiladas (I think it's called Mmm-chiladas) that is SO easy and good. It's a family favorite. You can use even use canned chicken.

    ReplyDelete