May 4, 2011

Conversations Like This Are The Only Reason I Go To Work Every Day.

Here's a tip from me to you ..... (not "you" who are reading this snippet; but the "you" who called me today at 4:45 pm - when I was happily dreaming about Happy Hour).

If you have a complaint about our product, it would be best to deal with the Customer Service department.  The folks in our Customer Service department are well trained and are willing to make you, the customer, a happy customer.

Don't get yourself into a righteous snit and think that you are entitled to the keys to the company.  They can't give you those.

Don't demand to speak to the Legal department.  Because if you do, then the conversation might go something like this..... (and end up being blogged about)

Me:  "Hello, Legal department" (said in my most chirp-y, nice voice that I reserve for answering the phone).

Him: "I'm angry and fed up and want to sue your company."

Me:  "Okay."

Him:  "I mean it!  I've had enough!"

Me:  "Okay."

Him:  "I'm serious!  This is ridiculous the way your company treats people!" (which is not true, by the way - we strive to make sure that our customers are happy customers)

Me:  ??????? total silence.

Him:  "So, I want to prosecute."

Me:  "Sir?  You do realize this is the Legal department of the Good Ol' Boy Network?  That means we work for the Good Ol' Boys; we can't help you to sue us."

Needless to say the conversation pretty much went nowhere after that and ended with him telling me that he didn't like my attitude.

18 comments:

  1. Nothing better come between Gigi and her dreams of Happy Hour! You don't want to risk seeing her UNHAPPY Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - so did he think talking to the legal department of the company he wanted to sue would be beneficial to him? What a douche canoe.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, we are surrounded by idiots in those hours before glorious happy hour. All we can really do is blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love when people drop blog fodder in your lap. Idiots I tell ya. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMYGOD! This post had me in stiches! Oh, sweetie...you are a genius with your "Okay" response. Absolutely priceless.

    The fact that the guy wanted you to help him bring down your own company is hilarious. I think someone got a jump on that happy hour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was sure fun! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha _ Mama told me there would be days like these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this very funny!!! Hope you got to your happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter gets so of this same kind of thing!


    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLO! What a dumb ass.

    My saying when trying to help someone who is a raving maniac and won't settle down:

    "Sir, there are only two people who really care about your problem, and one of us is losing interest real fast."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Gigi, my dear, you have ceased your 'ramblings' and graduated to become a teller of delightful tales.

    To make you feel better, I promise never to ring you at that time in morning again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, if your Legal Department can't help me sue you, whose Legal Department can? Incompetent boobs.

    Them, not you. Don't sue me. I wasn't commenting on your boobs...it was their...I mean them. I haven't been able to sue anyone yet. As you can see, it is so confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But don't you have an obligation to disclose all your weaknesses, prejudices and fears to the potential plaintiff on the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, you can't keep all the folks happy (as they say). SOme of the worst complainers at our place are the buiders that we sell our building to (the guys who put them up, whom we assumed were 'on the same team'). We've got volumes written on protocol and bend over backwards to keep customers happy... Hope that it didn't spoil the Happy Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome - thanks for the laugh.

    I always want to yell at people - don't you know if you don't behave around me you'll end up as blog fodder??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy transferring customers to our legal department. We usually have a giggle before I transfer. "Said person wants to know why we sent them to collections. Apparently not paying their bill for the last 8 months has nothing to do with it. They still want to talk to you."

    I'm the well-trained customer service rep who goes "mmhmm. of course. Yes sir. Well did you ever think of paying your bill? No? Okay. Sir. No problem."

    ReplyDelete