August 26, 2011

Attorneys vs. Accountants; Miscellaneous Stuff; Bloggers and Lurkers....


Dear Big Boss.....

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, you CANNOT open an Excel spreadsheet in Word and then expect to make changes to it!

I realize that you are a "lawyer" and not an "accountant" but I would think after about the third or fourth time (in a month) of me telling you this - it would begin to sink in.  I mean, you passed  "the Bar" and all, so you should have some sense about you.....right?!

My next step? Putting a HUGE post it note on your monitor that says "If it's from Accounting - open in Excel."

Your servant,
Me

******

Dear School Athletic Director:

I realize that we must play other teams within our "conference/division level" (what THAT means, I have no idea), but are you seriously telling me that the only teams in our "conference/division level" within the state are located (at a minimum) at least an hour away?!  Somehow, I seriously doubt it.

Sincerely (as I gear up for a round-trip FOUR hour drive to and from next week's game)
A Parent

******

Dear Fellow Bloggers:

Use YOUR voice, please.  I beg you!

Don't try to use someone else's voice.  It doesn't work.  It comes across that you are trying too hard and that you aren't being sincere.

Sure, the person you may be trying to emulate is insanely popular (seriously; are we in high school here?), but it doesn't translate if it's not YOU.

As our mothers always told us; be YOURSELF and you will be loved for who you are.

Love,
Me (who would much rather hear YOUR voice)

******

Dear Lurkers:

I see you!

Yes, I do!

I don't usually call you out (because sometimes, I've been known to lurk too).  But come on out.  Say what you have to say - agree or disagree (just be nice about it) and you will be welcomed into the group.

I promise.

Love,
Gigi


******
Letters of Intent is hosted by Julie.  Go visit, link up.  She's fabulous.  I swear.

13 comments:

  1. Dear Gigi,

    I love you! You are honest and eloquent, smart and funny.

    Love,
    Me.

    PS. The one about bloggers copying other blogger's style - YES! YES! YES! That drives me batty!

    PSS. Umm? You weren't talking about me, were you? Because that would be embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely post my own voice, so I know that's not me.

    I always leave a comment, because I can't help myself, so that's not me, either.

    Are you taking precautions for Irene? I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to organize my comment in a nice numbered pattern in correlation with your letters because I'm awesome like that.

    1. I'm cracking up about the Excel thing. I can just hear your boss bellowing out to you that the da** spreadsheet won't let him make corrections AGAIN and please come here and fix it! *grin* Yup, it's like a sitcom just ran through my mind.

    2. Sounds to me like the coach may be picking teams in the correct conference but he is also picking teams that he thinks he can beat. Just my humble opinion of course, but we all know that my opinions are usually spot on.

    3. OK, so I totally steal little phrases and such from other bloggers. Like "eleventy hundred" for example. I can't help it, I want to be like the cool kids so badly!

    4. I'm so NOT a lurker- more like a stalker. You like stalkers right? RIGHT?! Oh- and I totally stole that second "right" with the "?!" from another blogger. Yup. I admit it.

    Finally- thanks for telling everyone I'm fabulous. I'll be sure to get your check in the mail by Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot to tell you thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is funnier, your post or Foursons comments about stalking, LOL, anyway brightened up my Saturday morning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you seeing me? You are freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it still count as copying another blogger's style if I cut and paste?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because technically, that is just copying their words.

    I'll go back to lurking now and leave you alone *backing away slowly*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn! You figured out my Truman Capote voice! And I was trying so hard! We won't discuss my lurking any further...and I won't even begin to describe what I do to an Excel spreadsheet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea who you are talking about, using other people's voice. Could you please provide a link or two so I can learn how to do it? And I can't help but leave comments. I enjoy them so much on my own blog that I feel it's just WRONG not to say hello and thank you.

    Hoping your lurkers will take the hint...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I'm de-lurking. I always read, but rarely comment. Bad blogger! So true about being yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lawyer opening the spreadsheet in Word is funny - I deal with that on a regular basis at work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up:)!!

    Do you watch Big Brother? There was a girl on there that said "shocker" a lot and I couldn't believe my ears the other day when I hear "shocker" come out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete