April 9, 2010

Slowly making progress....finally.

So, here's what I've been up to for the last two days.

Before

After
(upon further inspection this is actually one in progress.
Apparently I uploaded wrong picture....oh well you get the idea)

Guess what?  Painting after bowling?  It'll practically put you in traction.....I've been creeping around here like an old lady; moaning and groaning sitting down or getting up.

I've done most of it; except for the tippy-top parts where I can't reach on the sides.  That's Hubby's job.  Let's see how long it takes him to get it done; shall we?

The only reason I ended up doing this is because see that bare patch in front of the window?  I want to move some plants out there.  Well, you certainly can't plant first and paint later.  Well, I suppose you could - but it would be easier to paint first and plant later.  Also, I know how much Hubby hates to paint.  Which means that it would take forever for it to get done.

And we all know I'm "want it done NOW" kinda gal.

So once I get the plants in (hopefully today or tomorrow) my part is done.  The shutters that need to go on the window?  The sheetrocking and whatnot on the inside?  The grass that won't seem to grow in the back yard?  Not my job. 

But you know what?  Once I get those plants moved I have a feeling that I won't be able to walk at all.

That'll be okay though - because I'll be smiling through the pain because it will mean that  I got something else checked off my list!

So now the truth comes out.  I'm certifiable.  Who else but me would do this to themselves on vacation??

9 comments:

  1. Well Done - it looks great. You will have to show us when the plants are in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Gigi.
    That bowling really kicks your butt.
    Been there before.
    Its a good thing, getting stuff crossed of your list. I have one thing on my list....make a list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what you're calling a shed? I could totally live in that. Interested in renting it out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though you could live in it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice Gigi! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! You are so smart doing that by yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...you are INSANE.

    But, it looks great! I'm confused...it's a garage? It's a shed? It's...a garage/shed? Tell me hubby has a driving lawnmower and he just drives it in and out...

    Go ahead...tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gigi, your shed is bigger than my garden! Well done for getting the painting done, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete