July 9, 2009

101 Things About Me

Since I’m totally blocked today – I thought I’d take the time to jump on this bandwagon. But I have a feeling this is going to be waaaayyy more challenging.

1. I’m 41 years old (today, in fact!)
2. I’m about 5 ft 1in (yes, I realize that I’m short)
3. I’ve just lost about 40 pounds (yay me!)
4. I’m terrified that I’ll put it back on.
5. I recently picked smoking back up (maybe that accounts for the 40 pds)
6. I’m terrified I won’t be able to quit again.
7. I like wine . . . a lot.
8. I love my boss – she’s fabulous, encouraging & empowering
9. I’d like my job better if I were busier though
10. I love the internet.
11. What the hell is the fascination with FaceBook, etc. – don’t people have better things to do than update their status every hour on the hour? Why do people care?
12. I like to think I’m open-minded while at the same time
13. I’m very fixed in some of my thoughts and ideas
14. My son will soon be 15
15. This too terrifies me.
16. I’ve been married for almost 19 years.
17. My husband asked me to marry him after only 3 months of dating
18. We got married only two months later.
19. I cried for three weeks after – wondering what I’d done
20. I know some of my friends never thought we’d make it this long
21. I know some others thought it was because I was pregnant – I wasn’t.
22. It turned out to be the best thing I’ve ever done
23. I love my husband more than he’ll ever know
24. I should show him more often
25. I love to read
26. I LOVE shoes (okay – maybe I’m obsessed)
27. I’ve got the best friends in the whole world
28. I love the beach – I’m ready to live there
29. My husband hates the beach – this may be a problem
30. I am not a morning person.
31. But I’m not the night owl I used to be either
32. I needed the patience I now possess back when my son was small
33. My son is the most wonderful kid in the world – I’m very proud of him
34. His father gets most of the credit because he has modeled the kind of man my son will grow up to be
35. My son also drives me crazier than anyone else I know (except maybe for my mom when she was alive)
36. I love inspirational quotes
37. And funny ones
38. Mexican food is one of my favorites
39. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of frogs/toads.
40. I love to work in my garden until I see one of the above
41. Then I yell for my son to come finish what I’ve started
42. And, usually, he does it for me. What a great kid
43. I hate doing laundry
44. But I’m always doing it
45. My husband thanked me for always keeping him in clean clothes last night (totally out of the blue)
46. That made me love him even more
47. I can’t stand rain for more than one day
48. It depresses me and usually puts me in a bad mood
49. BUT – I don’t like to water my plants – so I know we need the rain – can’t it come at night while I’m sleeping?
50. My hair is brown (with a little help)
51. I have a purple streak on the right side
52. My eyes are brown
53. My friend is taking me to see Kid Rock soon – I’m very excited
54. My husband is wondering what kind of freak he’s married to (purple hair / Kid Rock, etc., I’m sure he’s thinking mid-life crisis)
55. I’m kinda into Feng Shui
56. Mainly to drive my husband crazy :-)
57. My son calls me the Vocab Queen
58. Yet my math skills are somewhere on the level of 2nd grade (sad, I know)
59. I loved being pregnant – it was the best time of my life.
60. I don’t know if I could have dealt with more than one baby at a time
61. But I love babies
62. I’m the disciplinarian
63. Sometimes I have to force my husband to do it – because I get tired of being the bad guy
64. Some of my friends thought I was too strict when the boy was small
65. But they admire his character and behavior now
66. I hate to be idle; unless I’m reading
67. Email was the best invention EVER
68. I’m a big chicken
69. But I wish I wasn’t
70. I love crossword puzzles and other word games
71. I believe that happiness is a state of mind
72. As is optimisim
73. I feel sorry for negative people
74. But I try not to be around them (it’s contagious!)
75. I love stationery – I have more of it than I can possibly ever use
76. But I keep buying it
77. I HAVE to have a stockpile of papertowels in the pantry, or I get nervous
78. I love to have friends over
79. I really enjoy the game Catch Phrase – it’s the only game hubby will play
80. I’m extremely competitive
81. I can be extremely stubborn too
82. I’m not an animal person
83. I can be very Type A
84. But I’m working on loosening up
85. I can’t understand why some people procrastinate
86. But sometimes I do it too – but not when it involves others
87. It irritates me when people neglect to use SpellCheck
88. I can be very shy and self-conscious
89. But it’s not nearly as bad as it used to be – it used to be almost deblitating
90. My husband says I’m not the same woman I used to be – I hope that’s a good thing
91. He’s pretty much the same man I married – that is a good thing
92. He also says that I couldn’t be married to anyone else
93. He is SOOOO right
94. I believe we should live life to the fullest
95. But sometimes I’m too lazy
96. My hair drives me crazy
97. I can’t stand a dirty kitchen
98. I don’t cook – at all
99. Another reason to love my hubby – he does all the cooking
100. I hate to exercise
101. I love shoes (did I already say that??)

Wow – that was challenging! But easier than I anticipated. Now you know why my profile reads “What can I say? I’m complex!” I’m a mass of contradictions!

Angie

“I love life and I love that about people . . . I adore the human experience, I really adore the . . . I love the contradictions of people . . . I don’t mind being sexy and girlish and womanly, and all those things at the same time . .” - - Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment