July 18, 2009

What a beautiful day!

As I sit here on the back porch listening to the birds (and that annoying barking dog) feeling the warm sun on my skin; I feel truly thankful.

I have a wonderful life and every once in a while I have to stop and remember that. Sometimes, well truthfully, a lot of the time, I get all wrapped up in the every day minutiae. We all do I suppose.

I try to remember all the blessings in my life -- but it's hard when there's work, housekeeping, laundry (the never ending laundry!!!), raising my son, trying to be a good wife (note to self: you've been falling down on that front - try harder!), etc.

Anyway - I thought I'd take a moment to share some of my blessings with you - in an effort to keep them forefront instead of letting every day life take over.

My husband - the light of my life. He truly loves me even though I'm a crazed, sometimes OCD-driven woman. He cooks for the family every day and is the perfect role-model for our son.

My son - my world revolves around him. He drives me completely crazy and makes me laugh like no other. He is a smart, good looking, sweet, considerate and caring boy (he takes after me!). As much as I miss the little guy, I'm truly looking forward to seeing what kind of man he will become.

My friends - what would I do without them? I can count on all of them for various things; someone to gossip with; someone to laugh with; someone to cry with; someone to party with - the list is endless. They all love me unconditionally.

I have a beautiful home - though right now it could be cleaned. I have my health. I have a good job. While not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination - we have enough to get by.

All in all I have it pretty good - and I would do well to remember that as the laundry continues to pile up; as do the bills; the housework, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment