July 6, 2009

I LOVE to read!

Do you love to read??

I LOVE to read! Almost too much so.

I’ve just finished two great books – in less than four days.

The problem with this is – I then tend to “forget” what I’ve read. My son tells me that’s because I read too fast and don’t take time to “absorb” the books. This is most likely true. Particularly since, in my very recent past, I’ve bought (BOUGHT, mind you) three (yes that’s right THREE) books that I have already read not too long ago.

I read the jacket and think “Oh, this sounds fantastic!” and hurry up to the checkout line. Only to discover when I get home and have settled onto the back porch and opened the book that three pages into it – I’ve already read the damn thing!! Drives me absolutely crazy.

So, what’s a girl to do?? I love to read and once I start a book that is particularly interesting I can’t help but race through it. Even if that means when I pick it back up I may have to re-trace a few pages (because I was too tired the night before to comprehend what I was reading).

Some of my favorite authors are: Jodi Picoult (love her!), Stephen King (of course), Dean Koontz (gotta love him), Michael Connelly, James Sanford, Maeve Binchy . . . . I could go on all night!

So. Who are some of your favorites? Any recommendations? Do you suffer from the same affliction I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment